17

A Saturday had befallen them and usually, students slept in, but today everyone was there early to watch potential champions place their names in the Goblet of Fire.

Diana was sat on a bench below Harry and Ron, her head resting against Harry's knees as she watches students come and go, dropping parchment in or just cheering on their braver friends.

Cedric Diggory, in all of his handsome Hufflepuff glory, steps forward after being playfully jostled by his friend group. He drops a piece of parchment into the goblet before he locks eyes with Diana who gives him a small thumbs-up before looking up to Harry who was talking about a Quidditch manoeuvre he had been studying up on since the world cup.

"Eternal glory, be brilliant, wouldn't it?" Ron asks. "In three years from now, we'll be old enough to be chosen"

"Yeah well rather you than me," Harry says. "Would you enter Diana?"

"I don't know,"

Heavy footsteps cause everyone's attention to be drawn to the doorway where Fred and George run into the Hall with Lee Jordan on their heels.

In their hands were two vials and it was quite easy to guess what was in them.

"Thank you, thank you," George says, giving a small bow. "Well lads we've done it"

"Cooked it up just this morning," Fred adds.

"It's not going to work," Hermione says, a sing-song tone in her voice which just emphasises her disapproval of the twins' clear defiance of the Tournament's rules.

"Oh yeah?" Fred asks. "And why is that, Granger?"

"The age line," Diana adds. "Your plan is-"

"Pathetically dim-witted!" Hermione adds.

"That was very harsh," Diana says. "But not entirely incorrect"

"That's why it's so brilliant," George says.

"Because it's so pathetically dim-witted,"

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George?"

"Bottoms up!"

The twins neck the potion in the vial before leaping into the circle. Cheers arise from the students as the twins dance around before placing their names into the Goblet.

Diana watches in curiosity as blue flames begin to spark before flying wildly from the Goblet, throwing the twins out of the circle.

Diana leans forward as the twins sit up, sprouting long grey hair and matching beards. Her jaw drops in shock as the twins pat their faces and feel the long white beard dangling from their chins.

"You said-"

"You said-"

Fred lunges for George as the students surge forward, forming a circle around the now old twins. They were hitting any part of each other they could connect their fists with as laughter fills the air.

The doors to the Great Hall thud open and causing everyone to turn to face Viktor Krum striding in, flanked by Damyan and Karkaroff. The hall falls silent, and the twins stop fighting as they watch Krum drop a piece of parchment into the Goblet, the flame rising as it accepts the parchment.

Damyan turns and his eyes scan the crowd until he locks eyes with Diana, offering her a wide grin which the witch returns with a weak wave.

"Who's that"

"Damyan," Diana says. "A 'lovesick wimp' as Theo nicely put it"

"Do you like him?" Harry asks, feeling the not-so-subtle strain in his voice at the thought.

"No," Diana shakes her head. "He's very dull"

"You know who isn't dull?" Ron asks. "Harry"

Harry's eyes widen as he turns to his best friend who was sporting a shit eating grin. The boy could feel heat creeping up his face and hoped his face was not as red as it felt.

"Are you alright?" Diana asks. "Your face has turned rather red"

"It's nothing," Harry says. "Just a bit lightheaded and feverish"

"You probably have Wrackspurts," Diana says dreamily.

"Wrack what nows?" Ron asks.

"Wrackspurts," Diana says as if the answer was obvious. "They float into your ears and make you confused and fuzzy"

"Ah that must be it," Ron says sarcastically, not that Diana noticed his tone.

"You believe they exist too Ron?" Diana asks excitedly.

Ron stares at the witch's excited face and looked to Harry who was glaring at him.

"Of course," Ron says, a forced smile on his lips. "Who doesn't?"

"Oh, lots of people," Diana says. "Very few know the truth"

Ron nods before widening his eyes when he looks at Harry who was staring at the girl, hanging onto her every word.

"Bloody hopeless," Ron says with a roll of his eyes.