﹔* 41 .

SCUBA MALALA BANKS
────────────
CHICAGO , ILLINOIS

𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓

I never thought Devon's death would impact me like this, maybe I felt guilty about how it was partly my fault, and maybe I felt broken from the scorching scream that exited Syco's mouth.

I held onto the crumbled letter trying to block out the words that we're written out that kept replaying in my mind.

guess my shot didn't kill you. ❞
🎙️'

This really had Wooda's dad written all over it, I knew he was going to do something but not something to this extent.

"What the hell happened ?!." A loud barged came through the room as mama spoke with chachi behind her.

Syco was asleep on the seat beside as her dried up tears displayed themselves on her hot cheeks. "I don't know." I replied, already knowing what happened and who was behind it.

We were currently waiting for Devon's parent's , it's been hours and they haven't even arrived yet, it was odd because i would've expected they would be here in a quick second since he was the only child.

What type of parent's take this long to see there dead son ?

"Where's Syco ? is she okay." My gaze shifted over to syco, nodding my head back in response before she trails her stare over at me listening to my mother's voice. "You okay Scuba ? ."

I nodded, slightly revealing the side of my stomach. There was a white—thick bandage that pressed down on my gunshot wound with small dots of blood spilling through.

Alongside with ace wrap wrapped around my stomach area, holding onto the end's of my shirt. "It's just a bruise, doesn't hurt."

"Thought the bullet hit you aswell, watchu' mean ?." Chachi asks, partly concerned about me. But it knew it was just an act because we were in the hospital.

"It was just a scratch." I slouched into the seat as both of them found a place to sit. "My dad here ?." I asked,

I heard her suck her teeth, moving her head to me while we locked eye's together. "Scuba, i'm still your mother. Please don't do this right now."

I narrowed my eyebrows confused, i never said anything negative. "Okay." I said bluntly, hearing light groans and moans from Syco, she was waking up.

I got up from my seat, going down to her level, squatting. "You okay sayori ?." My smile slowly rose up before it slowly dropped, i felt like she didn't want my presence near her because she looked the opposite direction with low eyes.

"Scuba, please leave me alone." She say's softy, and i understood what she meant to say.

The thing was Syco wasn't harsh towards me at all. She was straight up but would say it lowly. "I know it was your fault, i'm not mad i just want time away from you."

I nodded my head holding myself in from preventing on shedding a tear, as much as i was hurt right now, i felt like i might lose Syco today forever.

"Been telling y'all not to move around scuba." I heard Chachi mumble under her breath,  i sighed heavily shifting my body so it faced her. "If you heard me then you heard me."

"Of course i heard you being slick." I sucked my teeth, getting out of the squatting position heading back to my seat.

"I wasn't being slick scuba, being around you will have people involved in your mess." Chachi rolls her eyes, giving me a dumb stare. Part of me felt she was right yet, part of me felt like she was just being shady. "Now you got my sister in tears, I mean you killed peso with tk than Devon ?."