one; bloody mess

[disclaimer; this is purely a work of fiction therefore, do not attempt any stunts in this story and do not take any violence, aggression and etcetera in this story as examples to follow. if
you are uneasy and unnerved by dark themes,
do exit the story for your own and others'
comfortability. thank you]

"Boo!"

Nari jumps at Jaemin's leisurely scare attack. The lack of enthusiasm still manages to shock her.

"Hey!" She hits his arm. "What was that for?"

"Your reactions are cute," Jaemin says and she faintly blushes albeit glaring. He grins. "Let's go to the cafe nearby. Jeno asked me to bring some medicine for Jia and there's a pharmacy right next to it. Perfect place for a date, no?"

Nari nods and they both make their way to the shop.

Jaemin and Nari; dating. The only official couple among the three pairs.

"Poor Jia. She must've been studying so hard that it made her sick. That teacher pushes her students too hard," Nari sighs and shivers. "From the way Jia describes her, she should be suspended now. Don't you think so?"

Jaemin agrees. "Don't worry. Even if the school won't do anything, Jeno will."

"Huh?"

"He'll take care of Jia, I meant. He won't let her be hurt."

The girl chuckles. "That's true. He's like her knight in shining armour. Ready to sacrifice his life for her."

She then, feels a squeeze on her hand and looks at Jaemin who's giving her a sly yet, sweet look.

"For you guys, we'd do anything," he claims lowly, deep voice dripping with passion and sincerity.
"So don't ever think of leaving us, okay?"

Nari is rendered speechless at the intensity in his eyes and she clears her throat- looking away but not without a shy nod.

Jaemin chuckles and pecks her head. "See? Extremely cute."

-

"Did you bring the medicine?" Renjun asks after opening the door to Jia's apartment, welcoming Jaemin and Nari.

Nana nods, passes him the bag of antidotes and the older delivers it to Jeno who has been stuck beside Jia.

"Hey. When did you come?" Nari greets Aria as she joins her on the soft, fluffy carpet of the living room.

"Not long before you guys. Jia's fever has gone down already but she's still feeble," Aria informs.
"Where'd you guys stop by?"

Nari gives her a treat she bought from the cafe. "The Neo Cafe."

"Aw, thanks! I've been craving for chocolate croissants. I just keep forgetting to get it," Aria expresses her thanks and gobbles up the pastry.

Renjun and Jaemin are in the kitchen, making some ramen and tteok for the four of them to eat. They don't reckon Jeno's gonna leave Jia anytime soon.

"How's the date?" Renjun begins small talk.

Jaemin grins as he reminisces. "As usual, it was great. Besides, it felt rewarding after I had to clean up that 'mess.'"

Renjun stops stirring the sauce but he doesn't turn his head nor eyes away from it. "Did you remember what I asked for?"

The other digs his pocket before pulling out a small, glass vial filled with a dark red, viscous substance.

Its crimson tone stains the transparent sides everytime he swirls it.

"Here you go," Nana says and drops it onto Renjun's palm.
"The blood of Hee Gun."

The older lifts it to eye level, scrutinizing the blood before a small smile of contentment stretches.
"Good job."