eight; a figment of her imagination

CLICK!

  CLICK! CLICK!

  Nari groans in her sleep and stirs, disturbed by the sounds but calms after Jaemin strokes her cheek.

  "Even in your sleep, you recognize me," Jaemin whispers, a tender smile on his face as loving eyes gaze at her peaceful state.
"Such an angel."

  The girl sighs, seemingly content with the warmth from his hand and Jaemin lets her hug his arm as he scrolls through the pictures of her he's captured in his camera.

  A permanent grin worn as he admires them.

  "Jaemin," Nari suddenly, calls in her slumber and his focus shifts to her, noticing her furrow.
"Jaemin..."

  He cautiously sits on her bed. "I'm here. Don't worry, Nari. I'm here."

  He softly hushes her as he pats her lower stomach, just like how he always does every other night. But tonight, it's slightly different.

  Because she's awake.

  "Jae...min?" She slowly says, bewildered at his presence in her room in the middle of the night.

  The boyfriend turns mute and frozen. He has to act like a figment of her imagination. He isn't there.

  Luckily for him, her room is dark and she's half-asleep. He's got plenty of advantages.

  "Whaㅡ" Nari gasps out, speechless. How can her boyfriend be in her bedroom at this hour??

  She quickly turns to switch on her desk lamp, groggy and dazed, but when she looks back to where he was, there is only air.

  If he were to escape out the window-

  Nari trudges to it but furrows when she sees it closed.

  "Was it my imagination?" She mumbles. After all, she was dreaming of him in the first place.

  She shivers from the cold and climbs back into bed, too sleepy to properly think and eventually, faints within mere seconds.

  At the sound of her snores, Jaemin rolls out from under the bed and gives one last glance at his girlfriend before leaving through the window, onto the tall tree and down to the grass with the help of its thick branches.

-

  "Yes?" Jaemin sounds after noticing her constant glances.
"You keep looking at me because you have something to say, don't you?"

  Nari doesn't take long to admit. "I saw you in my room last night."

  "You did~?" Jaemin asks with a tone of amusement and lips hook to a smug grin. "Did you miss me that much that you fantasized about me?"

  She watches him wiggle his brows and pushes his face away, chuckling at his antics. "I'm being serious! But yeah, maybe you're right. I did dream about you."

  "oHO~ Dream about me~? I wonder what it was about?" Jaemin's teasing intensifies and Nari slides away from him who starts leaning in.

  "Jaemㅡ" She's cut off by her own gasp when she feels herself falling off the end of the bench.

  She reaches her arms out to him but he scoops her up by the waist instead.

  "Oof!" The air is squeezed out of her from his tight hug.
"Thanks, Nana, but you can let me go now."

  "I don't want to. Give me love and affection," he whines with eyes shut, rubbing his head on hers and Nari blinks fast, cheeks like red tomatoes and face hot.

  "Sure but not when we're at the school cafeteria..." She muffles into his chest.

  Jaemin clicks his tongue and pouts. "Don't worry. They can't do anything about it."

  He slowly lifts his closed eyes and they pierce the staring students- chills running down their spine as they gulp at the heavy, baneful aura that emanates from him.
"I'll make sure of that."