twenty two; relationship?

"I've been enjoying the play for a while but... it's starting to get slow," Jia says and the person standing upon her stays silent, listening intently as their face is shadowed inside the lightless garden shed.
"Do you understand what I mean?"

  The other nods and Jia pushes herself off the dusty, wooden wall to approach them before stopping just another step away.
"Trigger him. Trigger Renjun. He's becoming too much of a bother and you know what happens to the things that mess up my plans."

  Again, the other bobs their head but slowly this time, wary, but with eyes that never drift from her.

  Jia smiles. "Exactly, I cut them out. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want that to happen to Renjun. Am I right?"

  She doesn't wait for an answer, knowing exactly what it's going to be and leaves alone- undetected and unseen by others since they're at the dying, grey garden.

  The school is so convenient to have places like it.

  She enters the building and halts, spinning to the side where Jeno waits.
"You really stayed."

  He looks at her. "Of course."

  "Good job, Jeno," she encourages and cups his face, going on her toes to give him a forehead kiss but he bends himself instead.

  A small sigh of relief and enjoyment escapes him when she lingers for a slight before pulling away with a sweet smile on her face.

  But even it cannot rival with the expression of pure joy on Jeno's visage- his smiling eyes twinkling and lips curled into a seemingly permanent curve.

  "Come," Jia says and his hand holds hers tight, letting himself be led away by her.

-

  Nari, Jeno and Jia all cheer when they win their game round.

  After a few level repetition and intense console controller abuse, they finally pass the round.

  "Hey, can I try?" Aria asks and Jia nods, giving her seat and controller.

  She stands at the side with Renjun, watching as they game when another calls for her.

  "Jiji-yah," Jaemin says and she looks at him. "The drinks and snacks are done. Can you help me bring them here?"

  Jeno turns to them, aware of their interaction and she gives a certain gaze- a dangerously beautiful gaze that sticks him to his seat and hands tighten around his controller.

  She nods to Nana and they both leave while Renjun stares at their furthering figures.

  Hours pass and the girls have gone home- leaving only the three young men at their shared cabin owned by Renjun, bought by Jaemin.

  Whoosh~!

  Tap water runs as Jaemin washes all the used cutlery and though his eyes are unmoving from the glinting metal, he knows he's not alone.

  "Is there something you want to say, Renjun?" He asks without bothering to turn back.

  Renjun, who has been leaning against the doorframe with crossed arms and legs, pushes himself off.
"You and Jia...aren't close, are you?"

  "I told you before that we're not. Why ask again?" Jaemin scoffs, in a playful manner unlike the serious Renjun.

  "Then how come among all of us, you're the only one who calls her by a nickname: Jiji," the older starts and Jaemin mentally freezes but actions remain normal.
"And from the way she so readily responded to it showed that she wasn't unfamiliar with it."

  Jaemin lifts up the rinsed spoon in his hand, seeing Renjun's upside down reflection.
"Your point?"

  A moment of heavy deafening silence.

  "What actually is your relationship with Jia?" Renjun interrogates and Jaemin turns his head slightly, enough to see him from the edge of his eye.