thirteen; ddun ddun ddun

Today, the whole gang decided to hang at the boys' cabin. But the girls recognise it as the cabin of Renjun's uncle who fancies nature and woodwork.

  When in reality, it's a place bought by Jaemin, the richest among the three.

  It'll be weird to say that the three boys have been living together for the longest of time in a secluded, vintage abode in the woods.

  "I like this place. It feels homey, like a little cottage," Aria says as she sits on one of the little, square cushions that surround the low coffee table in the living room.
"All it's missing are frilly fabrics and floral decorations."

  Renjun chuckles. "I'll see to it. Jia and Jeno still in the guest bedroom upstairs?"

  "Yeah. Jia's feeling a bit under the weather again. The walk here must've been strenuous since there isn't any clear path," Nari deduces.

  Aria picks up the remote and turns the TV on, coincidentally opening the news channel but just as she's about to shift it, a familiar name is spoken.

  "...19 year old student, Kim Yejun, was found dead in his apartment room yesterday evening. He was discovered by his landlord who came to collect the monthly rent but then realized that the door was unlocked.
  "Upon entering the room, the landlord expressed that there was a slight stench in the air and eventually found Kim Yejun in his room with burnt charcoal put at the corner.
  "Police have deducted that he had died from suffocation and it was an act of suicide as written in his will that he had left in between the books on his desk," the news reporter spoke and those in the living room, including Jeno and Jia who just arrived down, stare at the TV with faces of shock- some genuine, some...well...

  "He ran away...because he didn't want to be saved," Aria assumes. "Being at the hospital, he would've been saved and he probably didn't want that so he ran away."

  She wears a blank look, shaken, and Renjun tightly squeezes her in a side hug.

  Jaemin turns to Nari, checking whether she needs any emotional support but only finds her staring at the screen with lips parted by a slight.

  But she then, turns to the pair standing behind them. "You fought with him, didn't you, Jeno?"

  If they were all shocked before, they're petrified now. Their breaths hitch and bodies freeze, crushed by an invisible weight as if the roof's fallen onto them.

  "Why the suddeㅡ"

  "It's been a while since I thought about it. From the talks of how the security heard a fight in the library the day before Yejun started being absent, the incident of Jia fainting on the same day and how Jeno had to call you two for help," Nari lists out her reasons for suspicion and looks at both Renjun and Jaemin before back at Jeno.
"It just doesn't make sense. Which part of helping Jia requires extra aid? Jeno's more than capable to carry her or call the ambulance on his own.
  "What does make sense, however, is that Yejun was there in the library and tried to do something to Jia. Everyone knows how he always pestered Jia- it's not a surprise if he discovered Jia at the library and decided to poke at her."

  The boys exchange quick glances.

  How? How does she know this? Why is she so deep into this?

  "I don't know where Jeno was but he could've went out for a bit or whatever and that was when Yejun came and found Jia. He then, proceeded to annoy her and Jeno came back to see him with her.
  "Knowing Jia's timidity and Jeno's protectiveness, you obviously defended her without a moment's hesitation. The question is...what did you do?" Nari interrogates with keen eyes narrowed at Jeno.

  Jaemin grips her shoulder. "Nari! What are you trying to prove here?"  

  The girlfriend clenches her jaw and whips her head to him with determination.
"That Jeno lies."