seven; a devil behind an angel face

[disclaimer; this is purely a work of fiction therefore, do not attempt any stunts in this story and do not take any violence, aggression and etcetera in this story as examples to follow. if
you are uneasy and unnerved by dark themes,
do exit the story for your own and others'
comfortability. thank you]

The cliché Nocturne Op.9 No.2 by Chopin plays through Renjun's headphones as he paints his white canvas with tones that contrast it.

He does his work meticulously, careful to not waste any paint so he'll be able to finish the parts he wants to do.

Renjun uses a 'special' kind of paint. They're put in small vials and one is never the same with another. Others might argue if they see but Renjun, the artist, would know.

He will make sure none gets mixed up or else it'll ruin the quality of the piece.

"Such pretty, pretty thorns," Renjun praises his own work, looking at the fresh, red details he's added onto the rose's stem that has dried into a maroon-ish, brown colour. Although, it too was red before.

Renjun smiles, satisfied, and he stops the song to instead, listen to Aria with the voice capturer.

After inserting the mini USB into his phone, the gadget then connects the voice capturer he has put in Aria's home and he can hear her walking around.

"What should I wear?? Blue? No, looks too sweet. How about red? Too passionate! Ugh!" Aria stresses on her choices as she goes back and forth in her room, her stomps heard by Renjun and he chuckles, intrigued.
"What would charm Renjun?"

Renjun's brows raise at her sudden wonder before a wide grin stretches on his face, cheeks turning more rosy than the fresh paints. She's so adorable, it's suffocating him.
"Wear anything you want, I'll be charmed nonetheless."

"Probably, white? Yeah, white's a great colour and it's perfect to stay cool in this sunny weather," Aria then, decides and walks away to do her skincare routine.

The lad then, takes off the drive, not being able to hear her anymore when she's not in her bedroom or living room and proceeds to get himself ready as well.

-

"Luckily, you always come at the perfect time. I hate waiting," Aria says to Renjun who 'coincidentally' arrives at her place right when she's finished getting ready.

He lets out an airy laugh. "That's exactly why I try my best to be on time. Don't want my little flower to wilt while waiting."

Little flower... The term encircles her brain and Renjun can see it from her face.

"You... are unexpectedly cheesy sometimes," she says slowly before speed-walking to the front, hiding her blushing face.

Renjun jogs after her, teasing her about it until they eventually reach the nearby cafe.

"Can your order by yourself first? I have to stop by the bathroom. My fingers have some paint on them," Renjun says and Aria looks at the small stains of red before.

"Yeah, sure."

He leaves and she sits herself at a table, a waiter soon coming to take her order.

"Hi! What would you like to order?" He asks and Aria smiles.

"Hey, uh, I'll have this set and this one. For the drinks... One hot chocolate and one hot lemon tea," she requests and the staff jots it all down speedily while she closes the menu.

But still, the worker remains at his spot and she passes the menu, thinking he's waiting for it. Yet, even after returning it, he stays with red ears and nervous eyes dancing everywhere but her.

"Um, do you need something?" Aria asks and he stiffens up, eyes widening.

He clears his throat. "I-I was wondering if I can have your number... You're exactly my type s-so I can't help but want t-to get to know you..."

His stutters and mumble show how nervous he is and the gradually brightening red on his cheeks prove it better.

How cute.

Aria titters and is just about to decline but is beat by no other than Renjun.

"Hey, there. You seem to be having fun talking to my date," Renjun comments with his hand gripping the waiter's thin shoulder.

The latter jolts, gasping at him. "D-date?? Ah, so she's-! I'm so sorry, I thought she was not in a relationship! I-I'll hurry back to work now! I'm really sorry, Miss and Mister."

With a jump, he hastes to relay their order and Aria pulls her gaze away from him to Renjun who stands, unmoving, with head turned towards the counter where the waiter had hid behind.

She brings her eyes down to Injun's curled white knuckles before at the back of his head.
"Aren't you gonna sit?"

Renjun turns with a smiley countenance- a contrast with his strained, tight fists but they open the moment he faces her.
"Sorry for taking too long. Did he bother you?"

"No, not at all."