three; the prince charming always comes on time

[disclaimer; this is purely a work of fiction therefore, do not attempt any stunts in this story and do not take any violence, aggression and etcetera in this story as examples to follow. if
you are uneasy and unnerved by dark themes,
do exit the story for your own and others'
comfortability. thank you]

"You dropped this," Jeno says and tosses the vial of blood to Renjun once they enter their shared modern cabin located in an outing in the middle of a forest (much to their convenience).
"Jia saw it."

Renjun and Jaemin's ears perk.

"What did she say?" The oldest of the three asks.

"She thought it was food colouring," Jeno plops onto the soft couch and frowns, a glare shot towards Renjun. "Be careful next time. If she stared a bit more, she would've known what it really is."

Renjun raises his arms in surrender, admitting to his mistake and goes down to his art room underground.

Jaemin looks at Jeno, reads the stress on his face and joins his side.
"You good?"

From the way the older's fingers curl to a fist, it's obvious he isn't.

"There's this guy in school that won't stop bothering Jia. It makes me want to rip his arms off," Jeno grunts, teeth gritted and jaw tight.

"Then, do it. What's stopping you?" Jaemin casually suggests.

Jeno sighs, fist undoing. "Jia. She's empathetic. Once she finds out Yejun's dead, she won't be happy. I don't want to hurt her."

His friend leans against the couch, relaxed, and gives a side glance at him.
"Well, that's inevitable. But think of it this way, when she's hurt, who's going to comfort her?"

Comfort? The other thinks and a bulb lights above his head.

"Me."

He stands with a determined mien, decisive now and not long after, the shut of his bedroom's door upstairs is heard.

Jaemin scoffs, amused as a smirk grows.

-

Aria rushes out her apartment, late for school after oversleeping and lines of curse words escape her. She dashes, panicked, while struggling to carry all her files.

"Darn you, humongous files!" She grunts and gasps when the top of her shoe gets stuck inside a little crack on the sidewalk.

She shuts her eyes, waiting for the inevitable fall but is surprised and relieved to find herself held up by the shoulders.

"Renjun?" Aria sounds, confused but he only smiles as he carefully pushes her back onto her soles.
"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be at school."

"So are you," he says.

She shakes her head. "No! I mean, yeah, but I overslept so I'm late. What I meant was, what are you doing here, in my neighborhood?"

"I just so happened to want to walk with you to school today. But when you didn't show up at the bus stop we usually meet at, I decided to just go to your place," Renjun explains and glances at her pile of files, a grin forming.
"I guess I made the right choice. Seems like there's a damsel in distress."

Aria scoffs at his tease but is grateful to have him.
"Thanks."

"You're welcome. Always," he adds and it rings with comfort.

The two walk side by side leisurely since they're gonna be late either way.

"Hey... Did you really just coincidentally decide to come here when I was struggling?" Aria then, interrogates with eyes squinting at the gentle lad.

Renjun looks at her, keeps his gaze for a moment before bursting out into mellow chuckles- his soft, airy voice more fresh and lovely than the morning breeze.
"Why? You think I've got a spy on you, or something?"

She shrugs, not giving his words much thought. "You're smart and sneaky, you know? You could be a part of NASA, some criminal gang or whatever and I wouldn't realize it."

The other sighs in a tune, intrigued, and he rubs the side of his head against hers to show affection, hands occupied by the files.
"Don't worry so much. I'm not a criminal against you."

"The bus!" Aria exclaims and starts racing to the vehicle.

Renjun jogs after, careful with the small USB in his pocket that's connected with the voice capturer hidden in Aria's place.