seventeen; misdirection

A pair of hands slide down each side of Jeno's neck, brushing over his collarbones and down to his chest before arms wrap around his throat like a loose, warm scarf.

He grins without even looking back, recognising the sweet touch which can only be perfectly executed by one.
"You're here."

"I am, aren't I?" Jia greets and he turns his head to rub his face against the side of her neck. "So clingy."

"Only to you," he chuckles, vibrations from his voice felt on her skin and she focuses on his visage when he returns to read his textbook.

It's crazy how their labels are still 'friends' when everyone can see that they're much more than that. Jeno doesn't care to officially take their relationship to the next stage because he knows that no one can steal her away from him.

She just came from downstairs after finishing a movie with the others in the living room of Renjun's cabin.

Jeno, who has been studying for an upcoming quiz has been staying in his room- or what they tell the girls, the 'guest room.'

"Let's have a caffeine break. Tea or coffee?" Jia asks and he leaves the choice to her.

Exiting the room and going down the stairs, she then, bumps into Jaemin who's also passing through the corridor.

"Renjun and the girls are in the dining room," he says and gestures to the door beside them which leads to the said area.

Jia shakes her head. "I'm not searching for them- just heading for the kitchen for some hot drinks."

"Ooh, that does sound nice," Nana says and follows her to the kitchen just beside Renjun and the girls' place.

The hot kettle emits a low grumble as it heats up the water and the pair waits, staring at it as they lean against the counter.

"You know, we haven't talked like this in a while. Usually, you'd be with Jeno and I'd be with Nari but never alone like this," Jaemin comments and Jia nods, a small smile on her face.

"Yeah."

He turns to her, studying her expression from the side. She's... cryptic and her few words give no clue to what she's feeling or thinking of.

"Jiji," Jaemin calls and she faces him. "Jeno's been treating you well, right?"

Though she says nothing at first, her glowing blush answers yet the broadening smile on her face is still ambiguous- whether it's from lovesickness or gratification or both.
"Of course. Won't still be here if he hasn't."

Click!

The lever of the kettle jumps back up and the water can be heard boiling inside.

They finish up making the drinks and Jaemin brings the four mugs to the dining room.

"Hey, drinks! Thanks, Jaemin!" Aria expresses and he passes her the mug of hot chocolate, a hot nice tea for Renjun, coffee for Jaemin and black tea for Nari.

She leans against his shoulder as she continues to play the online game on her phone with Aria. "Thanks, Nana."

Jaemin rests his cheek against her head and hugs his knees to sit upright before noticing Renjun's strong gaze on him.

He raises a brow questioningly and Jun puts down his drink.

"Are you close with Jia?"

The younger chuckles. "Just as you are close to her."

This makes Renjun furrow. "Realㅡ"

"Can you play this for me? I want to take some biscuits," Aria abruptly requests, cutting him off from his query but still, he does as she asks.

"Sure..." Renjun trails off, slightly confused at her unexpected interruption and observes as she leaves the room.

He looks back at Jaemin who's now leisurely watching his girlfriend play.