Chapter 4

Anderson Grant

I really go above and beyond for the people I care about.

I have no other explanation as to why I'm sitting in a section at Ribbiz right now. The twins, Leo and Leah are celebrating their birthday and they both had the bright idea that Ribbiz was the place to be on a Friday night.

It was not!

I have been here a good hour now, and as far as I was concerned that has been far too long. I am ready to go the fuck home.

Leah is currently dancing with a random girl that she met at the bar and Leo is in a corner singing whole heartedly to a bottle of Hennessy. CJ, my best friend is boo'd up and kept giving me side glances with a pure look of amusement on his face. Hate that light skinned mother fucker.

Everything is wrong in this atmosphere. The music is so loud I can barely hear myself think. It is crowded and I just spot my ex walking towards me.

A weh the bumboclaat this now star?

I watched her walk like a woman on a mission and I'm pretty sure she is. I haven't been responding to her text over the past month or so and I'm sure she is uber mad at me.

She and I have reached our climax as far as the relationship goes, but explaining that to her has proven futile. Spoiled Barbie that she is.

I continue to sip on my drink - a classic gin and tonic - while she finally plants her self in front of me. Arms akimbo.

"Dannie!" She says with a pout. I hate that she calls me that. She is the only one who does. My close circle refer to me as "Dan", don't ask how they get Dan from Anderson, but to them I'm Dan.

I look her up and down. She is wearing a light pink silk top and ripped jeans with heels that showcase her pink toes. Her outfit let's me know that she came here directly from work.

Mhmmm, must be here with her coworkers.

"Kierra." I responded.

We were engulfed in silence as no one said anything to follow up. We jus stared.

She tried to indimidate me by doing this weird squinty things with her eyes but I didn't budge. Her tactics were ineffective here.

"Danniiiieee" she said again in a whiny voice while stomping. "Why are you not taking my calls or texting me back?"

I shook my head taking my eyes off her and looking around the lounge. Instantly, A large redish/orange puff situated at the bar catches my eye. I'm intrigued.

I take her in. She has light caramel skin, and a lot of thighs. Those grabbed my attention. Another thing that grabs my attention is her body language. She is uncomfortable.

Seeing that somehow stirred an uneasy feeling within me. Someone forced her to be here. She doesn't seem like someone who would just chill at Ribbiz for the fun of it.

Like myself, she doesn't want to be here.

Kindred spirits.

She is looking around while sipping on a red drink. I can't see clearly from where I'm at but it looks like a daiquiri.

"I just think we need to spend some quality time together." I hear Kierra ranting. The fuck? Why is she still standing here.

"I think you and I need a date night or freaking vacation babe. Everything has just been too much. I think we need a break from reality." No the hell we don't.

I pinched the bridge of my nose while taking deep breaths so I wouldn't cause a scene. I needed to be patient with Kierra because she is not used to not getting her way.