Chapter 11

Shanique Munroe

Your girl was back in business!

After my quick trip to country last week mommy stock me up with so much food to last the rest of the semester. Plus I got paid so I could buy lunch again, but I'm a saver, so most of my pay is still tucked away in my saving account. Just took out enough for my fare and a little spending money. My nails waah do and I'm going to treat myself a little by getting them done.

Leah invited me out tonight and apparently I can't say no. She's been trying to invite me places from last week but I don't like to go out when I don't have any money so I kept telling her I can't. I got paid though so I'm a little bit more comfortable with the idea seeing that I can buy myself something if needs be.

I wanted to bring Tanya with me but she studying for an upcoming test. My next bet would be Andrew, seeing that we have been texting each other a bit more often since we met up to go seminar. He's cool.

I texted him earlier to ask if he was interested in hanging out and he just replied.

Andrew Bell (bizad): sure, let me know what time u getting there.
Me: I should be there by 9/9:30. I'm leaving home after 8.
Andrew: okay, I'll meet you outside.

Sitting in the nail shop I thought about my conversation with Andrew about his internship and what he told me. If I'm not wrong, then Anderson hasn't been in a good mood since we went to the Villa. I wouldn't really know what's wrong because he literally disappeared from my life. I built up the courage to ask Leah about him last week and according to her he hasn't been talking to anybody in the friend group.

I felt so bad when she said that because somehow I think it is all my fault. Leah went to confront him about me and why I was crying. Honestly, mi bawl fi everything and him being short with me just triggered that. It never that serious.

Now him and his friends are on bad terms.

Leaving the nail tech I felt good. She wanted me to get a full set but that meant coming back to get them filled and redo. Nope! A one time me a spend money on nails mi love. I just kindly told her to put some nude gel polish on my nails and let me go about my way.

Tanya had straightened my natural hair for me a few weeks ago and despite it still looking good, I plan to run my flat iron through it again before I leave.

Leah is taking me around her friends tonight and despite me only hanging with her once, I still know the type of friend groups she has and I intend to look my best.

I laid out my outfit for later on my bed and turned to Tanya for her to assess it. She gets up, looking at the fit while tapping her finger on her chin.

"Hmmmmm, this can work, but we have to sexy it up a bit. What are the accessories?" She asked me. It was a white crushed Cotten long sleeve shirt blouse and blue baggy boyfriend jeans. I was thinking to pair it with my orange sling purse and heels with some jewelry.

Showing Tanya my accessories she started to nod her head. I guess I made good choices.

"Alright, this is a look. When yuh ready I'll just style the top nice for you." She says, going back to her desk. I smiled. I'm entering my dolly era!

Later that night the smile wiped off my face when Tanya tried to get me to wear the top unbuttoned with no bra! The hell do this girl?