Chapter 34

Shanique Munroe-Grant

"Girl mi just a realize seh this is the first time I'm coming over to your place." Tanya said after joining me on the couch.

I was petting my grey Pit Bull puppy that I've named Skeng. He's so cute.

Thinking about it, it was the truth. I've never invited Tanya over to the apartment before. I've always gone to spend time with her when she was in Papine and or at the office.

She moved to New Kingston recently, but I haven't been hanging out with anyone much outside of Dan, so she hasn't been to this apartment either.

Thinking about the past couple of months makes me sad when I realize  how low I've been. Cutting off Tanya was never in my plans, but I'm just happy that she was willing to forgive me once I reached out to her on Instagram.

I had liked and responded to her story that she posted and she had messaged me back.

"Girl he is too cute." She says cooing at Skeng. I smiled at him because it's true, he's the cutest thing ever. Dan bought him as a part of my anniversary gift.

After all that chatting, he caved like a deck of cards.

"I know right?" I say lifting up my cute little baby, cuddling him to my chest.

"So what you had been up to miss always busy?" She says turning to me. "One minute you were a phone call away, next thing I know is, you and Dan vanish off the face of the Earth. Nobody can ever reach you." She says with a bit of hurt in her tone.

Mi know mi hurt my friend but me did a hurt in a the worse way. I became so obsessed with being a baby mama, it almost killed me. The pain I felt from that is indescribable and I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy.

"Not we vanished like the avatar Tanya. Why are you so dramatic?" I asked her trying to play off the truth in her words.

"Mi nuh dramatic Shanique. A the truth. Mi almost did affi buss Leo's sister ass over you one night to. I don't know why you even thought that girl was your friend." She told me getting upset.

Leah? What could she possibly have to say about me now? I haven't seen or spoken to her since the day I told her to leave Dan's hospital room.

She called herself a malice Dan over me but she was in malice with herself. Like why you're gonna get mad over the man a take up for him woman?

I haven't thought about that girl in months. Plus mi a big bumboclaat woman, I don't have the time for drama and all of this sounds like a drama.

"Tanya, really?" I asked her in this belief.

"Girl yes! We were chilling by the pool at their house one evening. Leo him saw that Dan had watched his story and jump up bout how a long time him nuh see Dan post on the gram or hear from him." I nodded along.

"So I was like, same for me, I haven't got to hang out with you in awhile and speculated that you were busy or whatever. Cause you know, my friend is a business woman. Purr" she says, making me laugh.

She is so freaking hilarious. Skeng was struggling to get down, so I bent over and placed him on the ground. He scampers off, heading to my room so I don't get too worked up. Dan was in there, so he'll be fine.

"Then what happened?" I asked her, lowkey interested in her story.

"Girl! The bald-headed bitch she jump in a mi and mi man conversation, brawling. She ago seh bout 'oh, mi never expect better cause Shanique a run Dan head and she obviously nuh want him have no life', like bitch what?" Tanya said resting her hand on her knee, while twisting her neck.