Chapter 19

For the past two weeks Anderson has been sending me different tasks varying in sizes for me to complete.

Tanya finds the whole situation hilarious and has resorted to calling me "Anderson's Employee". It feels that way too because we could be texting and flirting normal normal on WhatsApp and I would see an email come in from him about a task which sounds so professional and it would have me puzzled like... bro you couldn't tell mi this in a WhatsApp?

Dealing with my internship, school and now Anderson's tasks, my plate has been extremely full. To top it off finals are fast approaching, and even though I only have one exam to sit, I feel really stressed.

I was thinking about telling Anderson that I'm not available for the next week, seeing that it's study week but I'm scared. Tanya had suggested sending an email asking for the week off seeing that he is obviously my boss now too. I had rolled my eyes at her when she made the comment but I'm starting to seriously contemplate sending the email.

Checking my phone I see a text from Andrew, asking about our scheduled study session at 6 today and I texted him back to confirm.

Andrew

Yo, yuh still a forward?

Yes, just let me know when you are near so I can meet you at Library.

He has been checking on me at school since the incident but he doesn't text me as often as he used to. I figured it had something to do with me dating Dan. We didn't really talk about it much, other than him asking if I was "okay" the week after the whole Jangas fiasco.

Andrew

I'm on my way now.

Checking the time I see that's it close to six so I got up to change my clothes. I had showered earlier, seeing that the sun was hot so the water would be warm. It was one of the rare Saturdays that I was home, because Dan was in Florida for the past week. Apparently he has business to attend to.

I don't understand how he is on leave and have so much work doing. Funny enough, none of the tasks he has me doing was anyway related to his company and the whole thing has me suspicious. A mek him a mek up work give me?

Rolling my eyes at the thought, I picked up my bag, stuffing my book and my laptop inside. No more tablet to the dolly body.

I met up with Andrew outside of UTech library  a few minutes after six. He looked way more tired than he did when I saw him Wednesday and I kinda felt sorry for him.

"Hey Drew," I greet him. "Yuh alright? How you look suh mash up?" I say looking him up and down.

"Shan, not even bother start. Mi cya wait for this internship to be over and done with." He tells me, leaning onto the rail.

"It's that bad?" I ask. Then if Andrew, who is top of our class a battle fi life at T.D. Grant, then a me Dan did really waah come bring in a this yah stress? Hell no!

"Shanique, mi never know seh a bay idiot mi did a work with. Now Mr Grant's outburst in September did mek perfect sense." He says,

"The man gone on leave and is like the ship catch fire. Mi tired bro. And the Assistant Marketing Manager don't mek fucking sense. Him nuh have a clue to anything that's happening in the department. You go to him to query something, him tell yuh seh that was a project implemented by Mr Grant and it's out of his scope. Everything out of him scope!" He started to get worked up.

"Wow...." I didn't know what else to say.

"When him ago come back?" He asks me. After mi nuh know! I'm just the girlfriend.