Chapter 33

Anderson Grant

Trigger warning

The room is filled with my wife's cries.

I don't know how to comfort her because, inside I feel so hollow. Mi genuinely feel dead inside.

The last year has been nothing but torture and I'm not sure how long I can go on like this.

I'm at my breaking point.

Two fucking miscarriages and a stillbirth is a lot for one damn year.

The last baby made it to three months before Shanique pissed him out in the toilet one night. She didn't speak to me for a whole week after that because I got mad and flushed it when I found her crying on the bathroom floor.

I'm just at a point where I am over the fuckery and I'm ready to put my foot down.

"What has the doctors been saying?" Dr Grey asked. I kept quiet.

Mi need Shanique to respond so she can really internalize what the fuck a gwaan.

Nothing.

"Shanique, answer the question." I gritted out at her. She only started to cry harder.

Getting up I started to pace the room. Mi feel myself a get mad and that nah help my thought process right now.

Looking at her you can physically tell that something is wrong. She has lost weight, her eyes have sunken and she literally has been isolating herself.

Fabian comes and checks on her when he's not touring with CJ and I try to bring her to country as often as possible so she can be around her mom. Other than that, a just the two a we. And it a get hard fi mi bare all a this by myself.

"Tell Dr Grey what the fucking doctors are saying Shanique!" I yelled and they both jumped.

"Anderson, please come and sit down." Dr Grey tried to coax me.

"No! This a go on too fucking long now! A next week a we anniversary enuh Shan. And instead a we deh home a plan sumn extravagant mi affi a do this! You refuse to listen to me, to your doctors. Anybody! Yuh think a you alone this a affect?" I yelled at her.

"You think mi want this fi us? Shanique, mi nuh need a fucking child from yuh! A you me want. Mi waah see yuh healthy and happy! Yuh know how long mi nuh see yuh smile dawg? Right now mi feel like a fucking failure because you really convince yourself that you have to put yourself through this fucking bullshit for me!" I continued to vent as both her and Dr Grey stared at me wide eyes.

"The patty shop business done now because yuh force my hand. You wouldn't listen so now the two a we infertile." I spilled.

I didn't mean to tell her like this but it had to be done.

"What that mean?" She asks.

"Tell Dr Grey what the specialists told you." I said instead. I can feel that my face is menacing right now but I can't control it. Shanique been a piss me the fuck off.

"Shan?" Dr Grey ask her. All she is a next one weh love baby up Shanique.

"I can't carry full term. Ever. And if I try again, I might not make it." She whispered, but we heard her loud and clear.