Chapter 10

Shanique Munroe

The past two weeks have been a blur. I've spent my days doing what I'm supposed to do, that is go to work and lectures, but at night I lay in bed and go over all the events that occurred at the Villa.

I've combed through every interaction and by now I knew the moment things went left with Anderson. I kept calling him corny for being thoughtful and nice to me. Obviously it rubbed him the wrong way because he basically shut down after that.

Yuh see when woman nuh use to good things what happened?

Dereck would never go out of his way to make me feel as comfortable as Anderson did. He never brought me around his friends. He never checked if I ate. Well, I always ate before he came around but still, he never asked.

However, I don't like the fact that Anderson chose to shut me out instead of communicating that he was offended. Wi a big people.

His attitude towards everyone that night was a bit shocking and scary. I was genuinely scared. But once he came out the room and our eyes locked, I somehow knew that he wouldn't treat me that way.

Call me a yam head for having that thought about a man I barely knew. I just feel like somehow, he has a soft spot for me. Well, I felt that way. Not so much now that I haven't heard anything from him since the night he brought me home. That was two and a half weeks ago.

Tanya has been trying to get me to tell her about what happened. She knew something was off when I came home and went straight to bed. I eventually told her that I had a good time but nothing about what happened between me and Anderson. I think she kind of figured out that something did happen, because she hasn't brought him up since.

Today I'm going by UTech for a lecture and a Seminar meeting. Im honestly not in the mood to deal with any of this today, but I pulled myself out of bed. I looked across the room to see Tanya still sleeping. I expected it because she was up until 3 AM this morning studying.

She has a 9 AM lecture on her schedule but it's online, so I'll wake her up when I'm about to leave so she can log on.

I felt really grouchy while carrying out my morning routine. I was moving extremely slow and at this rate I'm going to be late, leaving out. After I got dressed, I made my way to the kitchen to make a quick sandwich and a cup of tea to carry me throughout the day.

I don't have any lunch money today seeing that I've been traveling to Barbican now for my internship. I usually make my lunches, but seeing that I should be leaving school by 1 PM, I'll eat when I get back.

Walking into the kitchen however, I'm stopped in my tracks by the state of the stove and sink. Left over food on the stove, dirty dishes on the counter and the sink. My heart dropped. One thing with my housemates, they're going to consistently be a nasty set.

Knowing myself, I won't be able to use the kitchen in this state. My housemates knows this, I'm constantly cleaning up after them. I'm not cleaning up after anybody today. Fuck this shit.

I opened my cupboard and took out a couple slices of bread and my jar of peanut butter. It was on its last now I observed. I made a peanut Butter sandwich and left the kitchen how I found it. Them must know bout that.

I sat at my study station munching on my pitiful sandwich while I scrolled through Instagram. I mostly follow the reality stars from my favourite show Real Housewives, fashion brands, and a couple of gossip blogs.