2

"Oh boy if it isn't the most important person of my morning" Foggy smacked his hands on the counter and leaned in slightly you laughed and then spread a look of confusion of your face.

"umm sorry sir, you are?" foggy threw a hand to his forehead and started fake crying.

"My heart, it's crumbling to pieces..." He trailed off Matt next to him laughed and pat Foggy on the back.

"I'll be okay Fog, we can still get you your coffee" You started pour the shots for the two of them, knowing what they liked.

"Oh hi Matt almost didn't see you" Foggy turned his attention to Matt before you and suddenly scoffed.

"How do you do it Murdock? How do you always get the pretty girls" At this your almost threw your head back to laugh, this boys were the highlight of your mornings!

The coffee lids were on and you knew Foggy didn't need a cup tray. "It's the stubble Fog, gets the girls going, tall, dark and handsome over here" you laughed and Foggy almost fell over, the look on Matts face unreadable. "But I'll let you in on a little secret," you slid a chocolate brownie over the counter for Foggy to take, "boys that make girls laugh pull girls too" at that Foggy smiled and said his goodbyes clearly pleased with himself.

If only you knew Matt could hear your heartbeat, then you wouldn't have made the tall dark and handsome comment. Matt knew everything you were saying was true and now you'd peaked an interest.

-

You hadn't seen Foggy the whole week, Matt was the only one coming in for coffees. You'd both talk the whole time and every now and then you'd even slide Matt a slice over the counter. until you caved, you were worried about Foggy.

"Is Foggy okay? I haven't seen him in awhile" you tilted your head slightly to the right at the question and Matts eyebrows lifted.

"Sick of seeing me?" he laughed both hands on the tip of his cane.

"God no, nothing like that. He's normally with you and I haven't seen him is all" Matt smiles deeming your response adequate before answering.

"I'll confess here, I've told him I'm coming in this week so he didn't have to" he looked down at his feet and you felt nerves bubble in your stomach.

"Oh, tell me more Murdock? Why would you want to come in, to see me?" He looked up from the floor, the way he found your eyes stunned you.

"See?" At that you both laughed, okay that's fair but you were glad you didn't offend him at least.

"Okay I'll give you that one, do you come in to hear me then?" this time it was an attempt at a joke, you were waiting for him to send back a bit of banter but he didn't serious Matt stayed.

"I did actually, I like listening to your voice." his face was deadpanned and you were slightly confused but you didn't let yourself falter in response.

"If I didn't know better Murdock I'd think you were hitting on me" you leaned forward across the counter so you were closer to him and he must've noticed the way your voice moved because he leaned down just a fraction too.

"And if I was, how would that make you feel?" his glasses slid down his nose slightly, the lights from above him lit up the dark red frames and now you could see his eyes. You heart fluttered a little in your chest but your false confidence wasn't going anywhere.

"a little warm inside, very intrigued and a little worried about how Foggy will take this, I think he's in love with my slices" you smiled and then laughed as Matt did too. The way he leaned back broadened his shoulders slightly, god he was attractive wasn't he. The way he looked at you as you anticipated a response made your lower stomach tingle slightly and then he smirked. He couldn't see how red my face was right, how did he know to smirk.

"I'll see you tomorrow" he touched his hand over yours lightly as he slid the coffee cups across the counter, the heat radiating from your face and body could change the rooms temperature and you thought your heart would stop beating.

"bye tall, dark and handsome" you turned around and tried to steady yourself. God what a week, first you almost get shot and now Matt had hit on you. Jesus, this wasn't the usual wake-up, work, repeat you lived. You lightly bit your lip and tried not to think about Matt as you worked.

-

That went about as well as you trying to trip up the stairs on your way to your apartment, your knee hitting the concrete, adding to the bruises you already had. You flicked on your bedroom light and hung your bag on the hook by the door. Tomorrow morning you'd have to see Matt again and you were already losing your mind about it.