21. Foggy's Couch!

Matt knew that you couldn't stay at his place anymore and your apartment was already off limits. That's when he rang Foggy and asked if his couch folded out. He scaled buildings as you walked along the footpath, trying to keep in the shadows. You couldn't keep track of Matt but you trusted that he was somewhere near by as you knocked on the door to what you were told was Fogy's apartment. He opened the door and greeted you with a huge smile, hair undone and wearing a loose t-shirt.

"Hello, I was told you were coming. How was the walk over?" He moved to let you in and he closed the door behind you.

"It was okay, I don't know where Matt went and I didn't see anyone following me" You heard footsteps from the dark room behind you and you heart rate shot up so quick. Matt heard the way it spiked and cursed himself for scaring you like that. "It's just me" you sighed audibly and held your hand to your chest as you chuckled.

"Dick move Murdock" Foggy slid a hand over your shoulder and The Devil took a step forward out of instinct to protect what was his, Foggy moved his hand off your shoulder and held his hands up in surrender.

"Breathe Matt, I'm just being supportive" The Devil stopped himself suddenly becoming aware of how dumb he felt. Like Foggy would even do that to him, Foggy encouraged you and Matt getting together in the first place.

"Sorry, it's been a long 24hrs" Matt was low in his tone and gruff, all signs of exhaustion. Foggy pulled Matt aside and started telling him all about the stuff that he'd dug up and found about the people after you. It really made no sense, why do they want you of all people. Fitz was someone that you would pass maybe once in your life and you'd only see him and smile, you truely didn't understand. Foggy left the room to set up his guest bed and your eyes followed Matt as he moved towards you.

"You're leaving me here aren't you" you smiled and looked down at his lap. You didn't want to be without Matt, in the week you'd been staying with him you'd grown so attached to him.

"I can't stay at my place either, I have to sort this Fitz mess out so you can come back to mine" you stared at him with wide eyes. He'd just said that and meant it, he hadn't even acknowledged he'd said it.

"Back to yours?" You trailed off with a huge smile on your face and just watched him. His face twitched and he sat up straight.

"Back to work, back to your house, back to normal" he corrected himself. Of course you didn't want to come back to his, why would you when you could be all by yourself in your own space. Why would you want him.

"Matt..." Your hand grabbed his and squeezed. "Of course I want to stay with you, I just didn't expect you to want that" he smiled and turned his head slightly to the right. He was listening. Listening so intently to what you'd just told him. Listening to the inflection of your words and the way you smiled when you spoke. Your heart beat didn't faulter.. you really wanted him.

Truth

He suddenly came to realise that he'd said it without thinking, he hadn't even planned to tell you. Matt was completely entranced by you.

"I want you with me always, if you'll have me that is" always the gentleman, Matt always considered everyone else before he got around to thinking about how he felt. He was always so consumed with being in control of himself that be didn't get around to thinking about what was best for him. This time he did, it was you, you were so good for him. You were good in general, hopefully you'd wear off on him.

"Murdock, are you asking me to move in with you" you half mumble, you don't want Foggy to over hear. You smile and Matt can hear your face change as your smile. He smiles too, he loves listening to the way you react to his words. Your heart is fluttering and your face is flushing with blood.

"I believe I am, only if you're also agreeing to patch me up" you leaned forward and ran your hand over Matt's lip, it was turned up into a smile. He was so sweet and caring and he was going to save you. He was going to keep you safe. The room changed in temperature as Matt's glasses slid slightly down his nose.

His eyes were meeting yours, they always seemed to find there way to your face almost to study your features.

His jaw tensed and your finger made contact, The Devil was always cautious of physical contact. Always just under the skin of Matt to tear through the surface and attack if he had to. The strong smell of vanilla and the tea Foggy had made you to calm you down was enough for The Devil to crawl back into the hole is Matt's soul and wait to be needed.

Matt realised all to quickly that you did that for him, you calmed The Devil and let Matt breathe. All the tourture and termoil that Matt Murdock was subjected to by Stick, by losing his dad, discovering his mum was a nun that never wanted him, all of it... You were the answer, you would rain in the devil and let Matt live at peace. He was at a loss for words and his iris's spun themselves to black and eased back to Matt's brown eyes over and over. Something you'd never seen before, they settled and melted into one colour. Like the fight was over.

You were stunned to say the least, Matt visably seemed to be fighting with himself. You moved your hand to cup his face and leant in. "You okay Matt" he responded only by smashing his mouth to yours feverishly. He all but climbed on your lap as his tounge licked and caught yours for dominance. Then he stopped, pulled himself back and finally spoke.

"I don't think I should make you beg for more on Foggys couch"