25. I WIN!

"Don't fret girl, I'm here to make sure that monster out there doesn't get you" he rolled his shoulders back in ana attempt to make himself appear larger.

"The only monster in this building is you" you growled into your lap hoping the words would fall dead and away from his ears. He quickly stepped towards you obviously hearing you. He was stopped short by the sounds of fighting in the hallway. He turned towards the door and you watched a bead of sweat trail down his head, he was just as nervous as you were.

"That thing out there will tear us apart" the distaste obvious in the tone of his voice.

"You stole me from the side of the road, you have locked me in a room and tortured me for answers I could never have known and now you sit here and tell me he is the monster; that he will tear me apart" you spat, your face going red, "how can you be so oblivious to yourself" Fitz very slowly turned around to face you, disregarding the loud struggle happening behind him.

"I do what I need for the good of the city. I need the control my position gives me, however I need to get it." he spoke with such conviction you almost believed him. He was so convinced of his own cause he couldn't see how insane his acts were.

You almost pitied him, this man was so clinically insane he'd convinced himself and others of his cause. There was a sudden growl that came from the attached hallway that drew both of your attentions. There was a muffled conversation that flowed from the room followed by a loud and sudden yell. The room fell silent and Fitz held a smirk on his face that made your stomach turn, obviously convinced he'd won, that this was over and Matt was under control.

There was a knock at the door and it made you jump, "This will be over soon" Fitz spoke, your eyes squeezed shut. The door handle creaked slowly and the hinges on the door squeaked obnoxiously. You heard Fitz grunt in confusion and when the door was completely open you'd opened your eyes to discover there was no one insight. The shadows moved into the dimly lit room slowly engulfing you and the wall behind you and as your eyes adjusted to the dark you saw a familiar smirk and horns on the silhouette that stood eerily still.

"Ma-" you were silenced by a grunt from Fitz as he stepped towards Matt, you were confident in Matt's ability but Fitz was huge in comparison to him. It was like a terrible car accident you simply couldn't look away.

"you make this city, and all the work I do, filthy" Fitz roared as his hands came down in an abrupt manner trying to bash Matt aggressively on the top of his head. Matt moved slightly to the left and effortlessly avoided him, his billy clubs sliding through his gloved hands. He moved quickly landing blow after blow on Fitz as the mountain of a man did his best to move back to his full height as quickly as he could.

"You make this city into Hell, you made The Devil" Matt spoke, it sounded gruff and otherworldly, he was suddenly gone in the hallway and you pulled desperately on the chains that held you to the wall the rattling distracting Fitz for a second. The Devil launched himself at Fitz using the wall as momentum and struck him across the face, blood pouring from his parted lips. Fitz could hit hard but Matt was far too quick for him, many more hits to the face from Matt made him stumble into the wall and huff in exhaustion. Matt growled in frustration, still having so much pent up anger he wanted to take out on Fitz.

He stalked towards the man and roared in his face. "I win!" he held the mans collar and lifted Fitz's face closer to his holding his fist up to strike him, the final blow. "I win" he spat in Fitz's face and threw him back into the hall. Matt held his body tight, tensing every muscle before finally letting go and throwing his head back huffing, you watched the surrounding shadows move and writhe towards Matts figure, the shadows being absorbed and sucked back into his mind. His figure visibly shrunk just a little and he huffed again, his shoulders shaking. You just watched him silently, trying to help yourself, trying to break free. The chains clinking made Matt turn and move towards you. You couldn't help the tears spilling from your eyes.

"Matt" you chocked out, his body tensed and he used both hands to effortlessly snap the hand cuffs apart from each other and away from the wall. He scooped you up with his arms and you put your arms around Matt's neck, you leaned into his chest and just took him in. You felt so safe, the smell of him and the warmth of his body. You didn't really know how long you'd been down there but you knew he'd come for you.

The Devil was slowly retreating back into the damaged and cracked psyche that was his head. He had you in his arms but he was sure you'd hate him. He was the reason you were in that building in the first place. He still hadn't heard about what Foggy had found, he just wanted you home safe, and all you wanted to do was sleep. Matt took you back to Foggy's apartment and Foggy was so happy to see you both that he hugged you as soon as you walked in the door. Even though Matt was still cradling you Foggy found a away. You eyes fluttered open for just long enough to smile at Foggy but it was a lost cause to stay awake. You felt Matt lay you down on the bed in the spare room and then close the door and leave.

He needed to be caught up with everything, and left Foggy know what he'd done.