26. Help me Matt!

The dark room was so unfamiliar when you opened your eyes you sat up in a rush. Your back smacking on the hard wood of the bed frame making a loud banging sound. A figure approached you quickly and reached for your body, you squeezed your eyes shut as tight as you could and your breathing deafened any ears in the room because it was so loud.

"Hey, hey" You couldn't place the voice, but it was calm and sweet. You felt the warmth of the hand move closer and you still tried to fold in on your self. "You're okay now" It all came crashing back down and you whimpered. You felt so tiny and useless at the noise but it was involuntary.

Matt's heart shot through his chest at the noise that fell from your mouth, you probably knew it was him and hated even the idea of him being around you. He had left you there, even it Fitz took you for the money your missing dad owed him, he failed to protect you and you could've have died. He could smell the adrenaline pumping through your veins and the way your nerve endings were firing rapidly, the salt of your tears on your cheeks. He reduced himself to his corner of self pity before slinking out of the cracked door and going to give Foggy a turn.

"You need to talk to her" that was all he muttered, Foggy knew Matt better then he seemed to know himself and offered what little advice he could.

"Don't do that Matt, the amount of catholic guilt filling this room right now because of you is almost parting the clouds in the sky and filling the room with god filled light. She doesn't hate you." Foggy sighed and firmly squeezed Matt's shoulder. "Let me guess, you hid in the corner of the room and jumped at her as soon as you could tell she was conscious" Matt slowly turned his head to foggy, which foggy knew was 'sad matt' for 'that is correct'. Foggy rolled his eyes at the man before walking towards the spare room.

He immediately reached for the light switch, in Matt's defence the light made no difference to him, he probably didn't think about it. You flinched at the change in the room but now you could see, you could see Foggy. "Hello there sleeping beauty" you half heartedly chuckled, there was no way you smelt any god let alone looked clean.

"Oh no, take me back to my captors" you rasped out, your attempt at dodging the 'I'm sorry this happened's' Foggy took the bait, if there was one thing he was good at it was avoiding the emotion part of conversations. "Matt, is he okay?" you played with your fingers in your lap and looked through your lashes at Foggy. Matt tuned in to the conversation at the sound of his name.

"Matt is fine, he does this weird thing with his body where he doesn't sleep but he like heals himself, I don't get it" Foggy rambled on, taking a towel and a t-shirt you recognised as Matt's from the dresser and putting them on the end of the bed.

"Mediating Fog" you laughed, "he can like focus on what hurts and boost the rate of healing by concentrating, its meditating" you rolled your eyes and fully relaxed, you were truly okay. Matt had a tiny smile on his face, of course you remembered that, he could still hear the way your heart fluttered in excitement when he'd told you how he did it.

"whatever it is, I don't get it" Foggy shrugged and you started to move out of the bed. Your feet hit the soft feeling of the carpet and you sighed. You knew you'd lost weight doing nothing but starving and being experimented on, 'how much can one person take' he'd say. You knew how exhausting a shower would be but you knew you needed one.

"Thanks Fog" you patted him on the arm as you made your way to the bathroom before you stopped. "Is Matt here?" you turned to him, your brows furred. Foggy nodded quietly before leaving you in the room alone. You shrugged and headed for the bathroom and mumbled to yourself, "just the most none answer ever" at that you heard a deep and rich chuckle behind you. Your pants already at your ankles.

You spun around so fast it felt like your brain inside your head needed time to catch up. "Matt" you smiled a huge, cheek splitting smile and you could feel the way your heart fluttered in your chest. All signs that Matt could read, all signs that he knew meant you didn't hate him.

"Hi" he mustered, that was it, the idea that would didn't want him anywhere near you still bouncing around in his stubborn head. "You wanted to see me?" he moved inside the bathroom and shut the door behind him. He could tell you were half dressed and didn't want Foggy looking in.

"Of course I did, what do you mean? You saved my life Matt" you moved towards him and hugged him, your shirt lifting slightly, his arms wrapped low on your waste to feel your skin on his. He missed you, your smell, your touch, the way your breathing sounded, all of it.

"That I did, I usually take gifts as thank you's" he chuckled so close to your ear it made your stomach flip. Jesus this boy. He knew that though didn't he, the effect he had on you, you remembered how much he could actually tell from a person.

"Could you help me Matt?" his brows furred, help how, he'd already saved you but he would gladly do it again.

"Does something hurt?" he quizzed, he was sure when he checked you over that you were fine, no wounds in need of dire medical attention.

"No Matt, I'm filthy and tired, help me bathe" He chuckled under his breath.

Help me bathe

It rung over and over again in his head, the way your raspy voice asked him to help, like it wasn't a big deal. He'd almost wanted you to beg, jutting out your bottom lip the smell of you intoxicating. Oh he'd help you alright, he'd help you be filthy.