17

Matt had been missing for the better half of the day, you were too consumed in your own thoughts to even consider going to work or out at all. Someone had been in your house, your room, gone through all your stuff. You'd almost paced a hole through the floor of Matts poor apartment when the front door handle turned and the door opened to revel Matt. He looked dishevelled, like he'd been running around all day and honestly he might've been.

You just froze and looked at him in the hallway. He leaned his cane against the way and removed his glasses with a sigh. "Matt, how did it go?" you were shaky and sweaty and he could hear the way your heart beat erratically in your chest.

"Sit, please, I'll get us something to drink" he gestured to the dining table before moving to the kitchen himself. You swallowed thickly, he was buying time, building confidence this can't be good.

"Just give it to me straight Matt please, I'll be okay" you pleaded softly, "I need to know how much trouble I'm really in" you put your head in your hands. Matts footsteps approached and you felt his warm strong hand stroke your hair softly. You tilted your face to look at his and his eyes were off somewhere else staring blankly at the window you knew he couldn't see out of.

"I spoke to Foggy, we think we found the origin of the photos" he trailed off like he was over thinking, his head tilting slightly left.

"Matt, please" you pleaded looking into his eyes, using your hands to move his face to be looking at yours. His eyes softened slightly and his lips quirked up, he lent in and kissed you on the forehead.

"The phone the photos were taken on is damaged now, completely untraceable but, the last known location was suspiciously close to Wilson Fisk's building." Matts irises swirled with black, the beast inside begging to get out and rip the hearts out of the bodies that hurt you.

You sensed the shift in his mood, his hands got tighter around your arms and his body stiffened entirely. "I'm okay Matt, I'm here safe..." you debated your next words but ultimately decided it'd help easy him, "I'm safe with you" His eyes locked on to yours and Matt felt the way his body filled with pride and worry at the same time. You felt safe with him but he is the reason you were in danger in the first place wasn't he. He did this and now he had to fix it, the tension in his hands eased and he slowly leaned to back to his full height.

"I will fix this, tonight, I have a lead but the less you know the better." the cold shoulder, he was turning himself away from you so you didn't get into more trouble, you'd seen this behaviour so many times before.

"Murdock, don't be stupid okay." you're eyes darted around his face hoping for some type of inclination to what he could be thinking. "Just be smart about this, no emotional decisions" you hoped you hadn't offended him. Obviously The devil of Hells Kitchen had been doing this for ages but you didn't need the reason he finally went out to be because of you.

"Fisk is my business, it was personal before I met you, trust me" he stalked out of the room, Matt somehow always stayed so silent even when he was angry. He was also known for making very brash decisions that caused him a lot of physical pain. He knew he was going to get hurt tonight, he'd come to terms with it because you weren't going to get hurt at all.

That's when the devil spilled out of him, clawed at the seems of delightfully sweet Matt. His eyes filled with nothing but black and the inner turmoil of right and wrong became eerily clear. His limbs felt more solid and stronger then ever. When he remerged from his bedroom you could tell he was different. His body was wider and proud, when Matt would enter the room he'd be small and aim to hide in the background but not the devil. The Devil of Hell's Kitchen, whilst living in the shadows, ached for people to know he was in the room. He immitted power and strength, to feel the blood on his hands and in his teeth. Completely feral.

"You. Stay here. I'll be back tonight. Do not leave." his voice was deep and rough and it made your stomach flip, this Matt, or The Devil, did things to you. It could be the power he held over you and everyone else he encountered but you instinctively tilted your head to the side to bear your neck he lowly growled as he smelt you. You truly had no control over the way he made your body react to the Devil.

He stalked over to your body still sitting on the chair in his living room and he towered over you, "stay and be good" he slightly purred into your open mouth before he crashed his lips onto yours. He grabbed your jaw with one hand and your neck with the other and he held you there as he tasted the inside of your mouth with his tongue. He brought a calloused hand to trace lazily across your thigh and it made you whimper. The Devil bit down on your lip in his mouth just a little as he kissed you.

"Matt" you whimpered and he growled into your mouth and you moaned at the sound. The Devil's fingers traced your wet, aching middle and inhaled against your neck as he kissed and sucked it. When he was finally satisfied with his work and you smelt like nothing but him and vanilla he left you there in the room, on your chair.

You were hot and bothered for sure and you could still taste him on you mouth. With shaky legs you stood and made your way to the shower.

You needed a cold one.