23. Sunshine!

The smell of mildew was the first thing you sensed, you couldn't see but knew that was due to the blindfold you had on. There wasn't much sound going on but your head was throbbing so you probably couldn't hear sounds anyway. You tried to move your left arm to rub your head but something stopped you, your hands were tied behind you.

You were trying to sit up, and orientate yourself but you couldn't work out what was up and what was down. The ground underneath you was wet and cold, you were going to rot in here, hopefully Matt heard you.

But of course be did, how could Matt miss the blood curdling scream that filled the dark, wet city as were taken. Matt sprinted towards your location his body screaming for him to slow down, flipping and jumping roof to roof. Landing with poor form and injuring himself, but you were more important then an injury that meditation would fix in a couple of hours.

Matt showed up on the street where you were taken, he could smell where you were lying on the street. The dirty city street, you were pushed to the ground, restrained and shoved into a car unconscious.

That's when it happened, not when you screamed for him or when he got close but not close enough. It happened when your cortisol level was so high Matt could still smell your fear all over the concrete. The Devil spiralled and spilt out all over Matt. His mind was clouded and like a black fog, dark red flames engulfed Matt. The Devil was all that was left. He felt his hands lock into a fist and his vision almost changed. He zoned in on your sent and knew you were taken from Foggy's apartment, that's where he would start.

The lights were off and Foggy's heart beat was steady, he was still asleep, he didn't even realise you were missing. The Devil disregarded Foggy all together and started looking for clues. The room was charted almost like a grid in The Devils mind. Foggy's apartment was logged in his brain, the scrap of cloth that was blowing like the open curtains were, however, not apart of Foggy's apartment.

The Devil already knew that Fisk was the reason for you being taken but he disrespected you and threw you to the ground. He was dead.

Foggy's heart rate sky rocketed and alarm bells rang in The Devils head. He knew Foggy was in the room and without turning around he spoke.

"She's gone" it was final, a statement, nothing but an accusation.

"What? How?" Foggy took a step forward and The Devils head shot in his direction. Foggy stopped, he'd been Matt's friend long enough to know the warning signs of The Devil and to be cautious.

"She's gone." The Devil took in the room one last time and took the ripped fabric from the door, his form was locked wide.

Foggy knew that around The Devil, he had to make no fast moves or sounds. He just watched as Matt stalked around the room and out the window down the fire escape.

The Devil would find you.

You were ripped from your uncomfortable sleep by two arms pulling you to stand. Your hips ached from the way you fell asleep.

"Hello" the bright light that stunned you as your blindfold was removed reviled the man that spoke. It was the same man you'd seen that night in you apartment and the one that took you from Foggy's.

"Wakey wakey sunshine" he slapped you lightly on your cheek. You glared at him and said nothing. "There she is! Almost got away last night, that fucking Devil must've forgot about you huh" he chuckled to himself, obviously pleased.

"When he finds me, you're fucked" you spat back at him. His face hardened and he slapped you, it stung and you could taste blood in your mouth. You slowly turned your head back to face him and grinned. You knew Matt would probably kill this bastard and as much as murder is wrong... You might even help.

"Tell me about The Devil darl." His tone was condisending, like he needed any more help being in charge of the situation, you just stared at him. There was no way you'd out Matt like that to this phsyco.

"Yeah, didn't think that'd work" he laughed and stood to his full height, "thats the best news I've had all day," he lent down till his face was inline with yours "now the fun starts" and he left. Just like that, to leave you wondering.

The door slammed closed and you heard a metallic locking sound, they'd left you with your vision however and you'd make them regret that. You stood to your pull height, hands still cuffed behind your back and investigated.

There was a tiny window on the door so you could see out into the concrete corridor to see, nothing at all. Where the hell where you. It seemed under ground but other then the dark grey concrete you couldn't see anything.

You stood in the middle of this dark room and stared at the four walls. There was nothing in here at all, you sat back against the wall and just waited for something to happen.

The Devil sat on the roof of a building, unknowingly close to the basement you were kept in. He'd tracked you this far and then lost the trail. He refused to leave without more of a conclusion to your where abouts.

The door swung open and in walked the same grotesque man, but he brought in something with him. A bag that had a distinct clinck of metal as he walked. He dropped the bag to the floor and pulled out a large knife. The blade caught the light in the room and glisenced for just a second.

You swollowed thickly and just watched him move towards you. He held the knife to your cheek and smiled, a wicked and twisted smile, "thank you sincerely for not telling me what I wanted to hear" he quickly sliced your cheek. You bit your tongue, you wouldn't give him the decency of screaming.

If you had screamed however, The Devil would've found you.