Chapter 01

I closed the car door, staring at Beacon Hills Highschool. It hadn't changed one bit since the last time I'd been here, 11 years ago.

I was born in Beacon Hills and grew up here, but I had to move away when I was 6, leaving this town and my friends behind. Now, my parents just suddenly decided to move here again, so here I was. I was a bit miffed at my parents for moving back here, as they barely gave me a warning before I was forced to pack up all my stuff and leave. Dwelling on the past wouldn't change anything though, so it was best to focus on the future.

"Bye kiddo, have a good day," my dad, Ted, said through the car window.

"Bye Dad," I said, giving him a half-hearted smile. He wished me good luck before driving off, and I was left on my own, looking up at the school once again. Taking a deep breath, I walked up the steps and opened the doors to the school, my stomach a bundle of nerves. Hopefully everything would be fine.

Inside the school, kids were milling about, talking and laughing with one another. I walked through the halls until I found the office, where a kind lady gave me my timetable and locker combination.

I made it to my locker without any problems and started putting my books in my locker when I looked to the door and saw four kids about my age.

As soon as I saw the first boy who had black hair and brown eyes with olive brown skin, my world turned upside down. Literally.

All of a sudden, I wasn't in the school anymore. I was in fire. That was all I could see; a raging hot fire devouring everything.

I blinked, and I was back in school, staring at the boy as he talked to his friends. I blinked, again, not sure what to make of the strange encounter. What just happened? I decided to brush it aside and focused on the three other people instead.

The first girl had strawberry blonde hair and hazel eyes while the second one had brown hair with brown eyes. The last person, a boy, was turned with his back to me, so I couldn't see his face, but he had brown hair.

I thought about going up to them and introducing myself but chickened out and decided to instead find my classroom.

I left the four people and walked through the corridor, frowning and my timetable. Where was the history classroom?

I didn't notice the person walking towards me until I bumped into them, and I looked up to find a girl with black hair and brown eyes staring at me with a half-smile.

"Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going," I apologised, heat rushing to my face in embarrassment.

"It's fine," she said with a smile. "Do you need help finding your class?"

"Yes, thank you. I'm new here and have no idea where I'm going," I admitted shyly.

"Its okay. I only moved here a few weeks ago, so I'm pretty new too," the girl said. "My names Kira by the way."

"Y/n," I greeted, smiling.

"So, what class do you have?" Kira asked me.

"History," I said, and Kira's face brightened.

"That's the same as me. We can walk there together if you want," she said.

"That would be great," I said, following her as she led me to History class.

It was quiet for a bit before Kira spoke.

"My dad actually teaches the class," she said, looking at me hesitantly. "I'm not sure if that's cool or not."

I smiled at her in an attempt to soothe her nerves.

"I think is pretty cool, if I do say so myself," I told her, making Kira's smile widen as she continued to lead me to History class.