Chapter 07

I sat in the front of Stiles' jeep with him, Lydia sitting in the back. Scott rode next to us on his dirt bike as we sped towards the electrical station where we believed Barrow was keeping Kira.

We finally arrived, and Scott was off his dirt bike before it had even stopped moving. Stiles parked the car next to his bike and started getting out of the car before speaking to Lydia and I.

"Okay, wait here, all right? Just wait for the cops to come," he said closing the door.

I opened my mouth in outrage, about to say something, but he and Scott had already run inside the building.

"Rude," I muttered, crossing my arms and pouting like a child.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, all the while my anxiety built. What has happening in there? What if we were too late and Kira was injured or dead? What if Stiles got injured or killed? And Scott?

My leg was bouncing up and down on its own accord as I got lost in my thoughts. I hated waiting here, doing nothing, while inside my friends could be having the fight of their lives. I hated not being able to do anything.

"We have to do something," I finally said, breaking the silence.

Lydia sighed, as if she was used to this kind of stuff.

"There's nothing we can do," she told me.

"But what if they need out help?" I asked.

Lydia stopped for a second before her shoulders tensed up and she vigorously shook her head.

"I am NOT going in there," Lydia said.

I huffed.

"Fine, I'll go myself."

With that, I jumped out of the car and started running toward the building. Lydia tried to stop me, but she was too slow and before I knew it I was running inside the building.

As I ran, I cursed myself for being so stupid. What the hell was I doing? I didn't have a weapon or any sort of combat training. It was dangerous and reckless for me to go in there. What was I even going to do when I got there?

I ignored these thoughts as I ran further into the building, which probably wasn't smart, but I didn't care. I wanted to help save Kira and I was not going to go back into Stiles' jeep and do nothing.

I ran into a large room filled with fenced off areas, and that was when I spotted Scott on the ground, writhing in pain. I looked further and found Kira tied to a fence and Barrow holding an electrical wire as he moved closer to Kira.

"No!" I yelled, but was too late.

There was a bright flash of light as electricity exploded throughout the room. I stumbled to the floor and covered my eyes from the light.

I heard a body drop to the floor and squinted my eyes in an attempt to see who it was. I let out a gasp when I realised it was Barrow and turned my gaze to Kira.

My mouth hung open as I watched her standing, her hands absorbing the electricity from the wire. I couldn't even see her hands because two bright orbs were covering them. Kira was looking down at her hands in shock, making me think that she was even less sure of what was going on than I was.

My gaze came in contact with hers and we stared at each other horror as all around us the power went out.

. . .

I sat in a chair closest to the door in Sheriff Stilinski's office. Stiles sat in one next to me, Scott and Kira sat on the couch next to him, and Lydia sitting next to them in an armchair.