Chapter 22

Void kidnapped me. Again. I had been too shocked, too scared, to defend myself. Again. Everyone was probably looking for me. Again.

I didn't wake up in the same apartment as before though, which was different. Instead, I woke up in a damp, dark tunnel, with gates at each end that I already knew would be locked. It wasn't very spacious, and there was faint sound of dripping water.

Drip... drip... drip... clang

My head shot to the side, and I saw Void opening the metal gate. Instantly, I felt the pull I always felt when he was around, and I closed my eyes in frustration. Void was the bad guy. He had possessed my boyfriend, hurt my friends, and tried to kill them. I was supposed to hate him; I wasn't supposed to desire him every second he was near me.

Void leant against the wall, hands in pockets as he observed me with a blank face. He didn't say anything, he just watched me silently, looking content as ever.

"What did you do to me? Where did you take me?" I asked, trying to keep the panic out of my voice.

"You and Lydia," he corrected casually.

I looked up at Void in shock and he laughed lightly at my expression.

"I was originally only going to take Lydia but... I couldn't help myself," he said, his eyes darkening as he continued to stare at me.

My breath hitched and I looked away, practically hearing the smirk that spread across his lips. I cleared my throat.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"A place where no one will be able to hear your screams," Void answered, his voice making me squeeze my eyes shut.

I had to take three deep breathes to calm myself down. My insides felt like they were on fire, and I wasn't sure if that was from fear or from Void.

I heard Void sigh as he got up off the wall and walked towards me. I opened my eyes and was surprised to see how close he had gotton to me. I tried to shuffle away, glad to find my hands were untied, but Void stopped me, his figure looming above me.

"Why are you still resisting?" he asked, the irritation clear in his voice.

I clenched my hands into fists to stop the sudden urge I had to grab him. I took a deep breathe and stood up, bolting to one end of the tunnel in a useless attempt to escape my feelings. I heard Void sigh behind me.

I gripped the gates so tight my knuckles turned white as I shook them back and forth. I screamed, pleading for help, but no one came.

I felt Void's arms wrap around my waist and pull me to him, my back landing against his chest. I froze, my stomach flipping out. Void pressed his head into my hair and inhaled my scent, and I swallowed thickly.

"Do you know what your scent does to me?" Void murmured into my hair, his voice hoarse. "It makes me want you. It makes me need you."

I shivered, and it had nothing to do with the cold. His confession made my blood pump hot and my want for him increase until I could barely breathe.

He continued.

"You're like a drug, and I'm addicted to it," Void whispered into my ear. "I'm addicted to you, and I'm insatiable."

Void spun me around to face him and I gasped, placing a hand on his chest to steady me. My breaths came out quick and short, my skin scorching through my clothes where he touched me.

He leaned in, and I wanted nothing more than for him to kiss me. I wanted, needed, his lips on mine to steady this erratic feeling inside me. I needed him to get rid of the space between us, and as he leaned closer my eyes fluttered shut in anticipation.