Chapter 21

We all walked to the other room, but Scott, Lydia, and Deaton moved away to have a private discussion. It wasn't that they didn't want to include me; I needed to stay in Void's presence, and they couldn't let Void hear what they were saying.

It was annoying, as I hated to be left out of things, and I leant against the wall of the living room, crossing my arms as I refused to look at Void.

Melissa was bandaging Void's wound, and even though I tried my hardest not to look at him, my gaze strayed to Void anyway.

He was staring at Melissa, and I noticed with no small amount of shock that he had started crying. I nearly stepped forward, my eyes wide. Why was Void crying? Was it even Void, or was it Stiles? Did Stiles come back? Did we have Stiles paralysed and gagged, and not Void?

Melissa seemed to have the same thoughts as me because she quickly took off the duct tape on his mouth, only to be fooled. Stiles' tears disappeared and a cruel smirk appeared on his face as he spoke to Melissa. It was obvious this was still Void, and all that had just been another one of his tricks.

Melissa put the tape back on Void's mouth before hurrying out of the room, hurt plastered on her face. I frowned, and looked around the room, once again refusing to look at Void and ignoring the pull I felt.

I noticed Scott, Deaton, and Lydia's private meeting had ended, but the former two had left the room, so that left Lydia, Void, and myself alone together. I was about to go talk to the girl when her phone rang, and her eyes widened. Whoever was calling her seemed to be important. She quickly answered it and left the room, and I realised with a jolt that Void and I were alone.

My eyes betrayed me once again and I looked to Void. His eyes were already on me, his gaze so intense I nearly melted. His eyes beckoned me over, but I looked away in a weak resistance. It didn't take me long to look back at him.

I'll go over to him only to find out how to break the connection, I told myself. That's the only reason I'll go up to him.

I took a deep breath and walked towards Void, each step igniting my body. I was doing this to get information. I was doing this to figure out how to stop these feelings I'm feeling for him. That's all.

That's all.

I finally arrived in front of him after what felt like an eternity. I knelt down in front of him and slowly peeled away the piece of duct tape from his mouth, my fingers brushing his mouth in the process.

"Hello darling," Void greeted, his voice better than any song I had ever heard.

My stomach was doing somersaults just by being this close to him, and my breath hitched as I thought of what it would be like to have his hands on me. No.

"How do I get rid of this connection between us?" I demanded, trying to block out the desire I was feeling.

"Death," Void said with a grin.

"There has to be another way," I prodded frustratedly.

There had to be another way. There had to be.

"I'm afraid not darling," was Void's reply.

"Don't call me that," I snapped.

I hated the fact that a part of me liked him calling me that. I hated how large that part was, and how strong it was.

"I can call you whatever I want," Void stated. "You're mine after all."

"I'm not yours!" I argued. "I don't even like you!"

Void smirked.

"Then why are you leaning towards me?" he asked.

It was only then that I realised my hand was resting on the couch and that Void's face was inches from mine. I froze, about to retreat and put as much distance between us as possible, when Void spoke.