Chapter 23

I hadn't known Allison for long. We hadn't talked in school, and we only started to get to know each other when she was protecting me from Void, which was only a few days ago.

Even though I hadn't known her for long, or that well, for the short time I did know her, Allison had always been kind and welcoming.

When we had our little sleepover, I remember how funny she was. Whenever an awkward silence would hang over it, she'd break it with a joke, always trying to let me know I was welcome and wanted.

I think we would have been good friends had she not died.

But she did. She died. Allison died.

She went down fighting, being brave and bold. She was out there fighting with the hope of saving her friends even though she didn't even have any supernatural abilities, and yet I had powers but wasn't even fighting.

Guilt. I felt so much guilt. If I had been there, if I had been fighting along side her, maybe I could have saved her. Maybe I could have prevented her from dying. Maybe I could have done something.

I felt so useless. I had these powerful, magical abilities and yet I waste them, unable to use them when I need to. I could have saved Allison, but I didn't, and everyone was suffering.

Scott was hurting, Stiles was hurting, Lydia was hurting, Isaac was hurting, Chris was hurting. Allison had impacted so many people's lives, was such an important person to them, and the fact that she's gone was breaking every single one of them. How are they supposed to go on without Allison with them? Without the funny, kind girl whose been there from the very start?

It would be different for me as well. I felt like I didn't have a right to grieve, because I didn't know Allison for very long, but I did anyway. I grieved because the girl who had been so kind to me was gone. I grieved because my friends were in pain, and so was I. I grieved because this group would never be the same as it once was, because it had lost such an important person.

I didn't get to thank her. The thought hit me with such grief, such hurt, I felt like I was drowning. I'd made sure to remember to thank her for being so kind to me, for helping me through this crazy ordeal, but I never saw her again.

And I never will see her again because she's dead.

Allison's dead.

A/N:

Sorry for the short, depressing chapter.

I've got a cold and it's really annoying so I might not update again soon, or it might go away fast and I'll update like usual. Who knows. 🤷‍♀️