Chapter 20

I was in front of my house, about to enter it. I hadn't told anyone about what Void had done to my neck, because I wasn't sure what he had done myself. I took a deep breathe and opened the door to my house, getting ready to see my parents.

As soon as I opened the door, my dad ran into the hallway, and when he spotted me he ran up to me and enveloped me into a hug.

I hugged back, feeling tears well up in my eyes. All the events from the past few days caught up to me, and I felt so overwhelmed. I didn't understand what was happening anymore. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do, and I didn't know how to save Stiles.

My mother joined the hug shortly afterwards and we all sat there, holding each other tightly. When we pulled away, I wiped a few tears that had escaped off my face and sniffled.

"Where were you?" my mother asked gently. She wasn't angry at me; she was worried.

That was when I felt the anger. She and my father had both hidden the supernatural from me, causing me to be completely unprepared for when I needed to fight and defend myself from magical creatures.

"I was kidnapped by a dark spirit possessing my boyfriend that's obsessed with me," I snapped, crossing my arms. "Does that ring a bell at all?"

Shock and fear crossed across my parents' faces as they looked at each other before back at me.

"Are you okay?" my dad asked me. "Did he hurt you?"

I could hear the anger lacing his voice. My dad rarely got angry, but there was pure rage in his voice as he spoke to me, and even though I was mad at him, I felt warmed by how much they cared for me.

"That doesn't matter," I said, brushing their questions aside. "What does matter is that you lied to me about it and if Scott hadn't told me I might still be in Void's clutches."

My parent's looked at each other again, this time guiltily.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked them.

"We wanted to keep you out of it for as long as possible," my mother said. "We wanted to protect you. I'd never had a child before, and I wasn't sure how to tackle the supernatural problem. I was scared," she confessed. "And I'm sorry I hurt you."

I tried to keep the tears in. I tried to act mad and tough but seeing my mother so sad broke me.

I gave in and hugged her tightly, inhaling her comforting scent. She was my mother, and I'd always love her. Yes, she made some mistakes, but I couldn't expect any less. That wouldn't be fair.

After a while, Dad ushered us into the house and we all sat on the couch, me leaning on my mother's chest.

"How do you know Kira's parents?" I asked, hoping to finally receive an answer.

I got one.

My mother told me the story of how Noshiko defeated Void the first time, and how she went travelling after that. She and my mum met while travelling, and they became close, both of them connecting because they lived far longer than the average human.

"Wait, you mean we don't grow old?" I asked in shock.

My mother nodded and continued with her explanation.

She told me that Kitsunes and Nymphs often got along well with each other, depending on what type of Kitsune and Nymph they are. For example, a Fire Nymph is most likely to get along with a Thunder, Fire, and Celestial Kitsune.

After a while, they left to travel to different places, but they always stayed in touch, and then, recently, Noshiko revealed that she believed the Nogitsune might be back.