1.19

Today was shaping out to be one of the worst Fridays of the year. There had been no work done on the mural, Sam had refused to come down for breakfast, and I wasn't able to get a reply back from Angelina to know if it was ponytails or buns today. Dad was riding Reece's ass to make sure he had everything packed so that put Reece on my ass to make sure everything would be ready.

"Eden! Get Sam down for breakfast!" Reece yelled up the stairs at me seconds before Dad asked him quite loudly if he had both pairs of socks.

I rolled my eyes at both of them as I adjusted my bow. Everything looked fine from the braid to the bow to the curls in my ponytail. All I hoped was that this was the hairstyle that we had decided on. If not, I'd have to go to the bathroom during homeroom and fix it.

Leaving the bathroom, I ran down to Sam's room and pounded on the door. Seconds later he came out with a sour frown and his book bag already on his back. He trudged down the hall to the stairs without a word and disappeared from my line of sight. I went back to my room and slipped my bag on my shoulders. At that second, Angelina decided to reply with a picture of the same hairstyle I was sporting right now. I thanked her and went to the kitchen for a quick breakfast.

So maybe the day wouldn't be horrible but I could feel it shaping out to be by far the worst Friday yet. I've never even heard of a bad Friday. It's normally a day of utter relief because there would be no school tomorrow and a small break before everything comes crashing back in on Monday. Yet, I didn't feel relief. I was tense and angry and wanted to crawl back into bed.

But I kept walking towards the kitchen, dropping my bags off by the backdoor. Sam was munching on Nutella covered toast with a strawberry in his hand, Reece was shoveling scrambled eggs in his mouth, and Dad was absentmindedly sipping on his coffee. No one looked up when I walked in and for that I was glad. I gave Dad a simple peck on the cheek along with a good morning before eating what was left of the eggs and bacon off of a plate.

"What're the after game plans?" Dad asked, looking at all three of us equally.

"I'm spending the night at Parker's if it's okay. Parker's mom doesn't care," Sam said first.

Plans?

I had to make up something so if an idea did come around then I'd be able to go freely without having to beg. Angelina would probably drag me off after the game for some sort of sleepover or something.

"I'll be home right after. It's going to be a rough night," Reece said without looking up from his plate.

"I'll be home probably an hour afterwards. Angelina wants to get ice cream and talk about ideas for homecoming," I finally said.

I looked up just in time to see Dad nodding as if he thought that it all seemed fair. He probably didn't agree with me going out so soon after an attack, but he knew it'd be best if I did. I couldn't be wasting away and treated like there was an array of eggshells lying around me. They all knew that.

"Sounds good...now head to school," Dad said, looking at the watch on his wrist.

I take Sam to school to spare Reece of the kid's moodiness this morning. It's probably because of too much Xbox last night. And when I arrive, Harry is leaning against the bumper of his Mustang. Today he had dressed appropriately with khakis and his jersey but his hair was pulled back with a black beanie. As I get out, I tried not to notice him walking towards me.

"Morning," he said as he fell into step beside me.

"It is a morning, yeah," I replied, not looking up from the concrete below our feet.

"Question," he started.

"Answer," I said smartly.

I peek up at him through the corner of my eye to see him smile slightly. It was enough to produce a dimple in his cheek. Then it all came tumbling back down again as his smile faded.