1.24

Homecoming rolls up to the doorstep faster than I really wanted it to. Spirit week was in full swing by Tuesday with everyone dressed up as their favorite villain or super hero. Even I had managed to pull out all the stops to be Poison Ivy while Angelina was Harley Quinn. Our little group of misfits had been able to convince each other to go with a Batman theme today.

Reece was Batman and Bennett was Robin. It was too fitting considering their friendship. I especially loved how Harry was dressed as the Joker and planting little pranks on them throughout the first two periods. We'd all managed to go all out, makeup and all. Nothing was really slowing us down today until lunch when I sat down at a table between Harry and Reece. They weren't the ones with the problem despite how things had been over the past couple of weeks.

"I'd really prefer it if you stopped." I looked at Nicky/Spoiler. Bennett looked between her and Lea/Batgirl. Lea looked pissed despite the performance she was supposed to be playing for the day-yes, we took our characters that seriously.

"Stopped what?" Lea asked as if there wasn't a problem.

I was ready to make myself scarce. It was always something that had satisfied in the end to just leave and act like you don't know until it was brought up. But Harry wouldn't allow me to judging by the strong hand that had settled on the outside of my thigh. I looked up at him through my lashes only to watch him carefully shake his head.

"I need to go," I whispered, looking down at my tray.

"You need to eat," he replied quietly before grabbing up a baby carrot with his free hand.

"You're creeping on all of the guys like you don't already have a boyfriend," Nicky snapped.

Harry's massive hand curled around my thigh to keep me in place. When I looked over at him, he was chewing on his baby carrots and staring at Lea tiredly as though he were used to this. Maybe he was. I don't know what it's been like between these two for quite some time.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't jump to conclusions," Lea ground out.

Bennett looked to Reece and me for help. All Reece did was shrug with the slightest of grins so he focused on me. I made a slight gesture with my eyes to the main doors just left of me a couple of times before he finally got it.

"I'd appreciate it if you weren't-"

"We'll see you guys this afternoon," Bennett cut Nicky off. He all but dragged her to the main doors. Once they disappeared, Lea left too through different doors. With them both gone, Angelina began laughing. The rest of them soon joined-aside from me because I was utterly confused.

"What's so funny?" I asked, looking at the rest of them in turn.

Angelina kept laughing as she tried to explain, "Nicky...has b-been trying...to fight Le-Lea for so long!"

I scooted forward in my seat, dowsing Harry's laughter out. His hand had moved up my spandex covered thigh enough to be less than friendly. It wasn't my intention, but now that I knew it made him stop cold, it made me wonder why I'd allowed him to keep his hand there. It took him a couple of moments to drag his hand from my leg and grab his things up to leave.

"I, uh...I'm leaving," Harry said and took off without another word.

^^

Harry didn't show up to school Tuesday afternoon and skipped yesterday. I was kind of...disappointed. There was no real reason for me to be upset besides the mural work was getting done alone. (It was sickening to listen to Mr. Lockwood and Miss Vent flirt on and on like it was the only thing they knew how to do.) Everything just seemed utterly boring without him around.