1.35

Harry kept calling all day Saturday and even made it a point to show up to the house, but Dad refused to let him in since I hadn't left my room all day. He made up some lie about how I wasn't feeling well. Harry and I both knew better than that. He texted me still and asked if I was doing any better not even an hour later. I don't know what he was expecting, but I knew exactly what he was getting and that was a whole lot of nothing.

With my spare time, I tore things from the walls that I didn't find relevant anymore from old posters to pictures to scribbled on notecards. By the end of the day, the walls were looking bare and the array of shopping bags I shoved in the corner of the closet were full of crumpled papers. I forgot that the walls of my room were snow white. How long had they been covered like that?

I looked over the whole room, smiling slightly at the redecoration before realizing something was missing. Quickly, I sat down and started to make a list of what I would need to complete the redecoration. It wasn't even close to being finished yet. There was a wall that was too bland and white. It needed chaos.

That's when I heard a light tap and I passed it off as a sprinkle hitting the window of my room. But, there was not another tap for quite some time and it had only managed to hit one of the windows. I decided to ignore it and continue on with my list before Reece walked in quietly and took the bags without even a word.

"Thank you?" I called after him in a distinct question.

There was no reply, so I continued on with my list. Again, there was another tap and shortly after, another. I moved to the window in which the tapping was coming from and saw another pebble hit the window. Quickly, I opened it and looked down to see Harry waving up at me and dropping a handful of pebbles in the grass.

"Are you crazy?" I called down to him.

"I'm starting to think so," he called back up in a mock whisper.

"I thought you would have gotten the point when I didn't reply to you the first fifteen times you tried calling."

Harry shook his head and grinned, "I thought you knew I was persistent."

"More like a pain in my ass."

"You love it."

I rolled my eyes and stepped away from the window. At that point, I was more than ready to slide it shut. Harry wasn't having it though. He tossed a pebble in my room so that it skittered across the dark, hard wood floor. I took a deep breath and slowly counted to ten, but by the time I reached the end, Harry was poking his head in my room with a sheepish smile.

"You better be good at catching yourself, Styles," I ground out, getting ready to grab him by the shoulders and push.

Harry wedged himself inside and had my back up against the wall before I could even tell him no. His green eyes blazed with a certain fire that told of a grotesque fury and an exciting darkness. I wasn't too sure I wanted to be here when either emotion won out.

"You don't get to run around acting angry, Eden," he said quietly, squeezing my hips as I tried to wriggle out of his hold. "In fact, I should be angry. I should be so pissed that I never want to see you again, but you and I both know I can't do that. I can't stay away from you, Eden Nelson. I'm so hooked on you that I become delirious when you're not around. We—"

"Stop," I weakly interjected. I had no argument or real reason that was forming that made me actually want him to stop. All I really knew was that the fury in his eyes was dying away. I couldn't say it.

"Do you get like that? Do you ever want me to be here when I'm not?" he asked me. His eyes were darting between both of mine, but I couldn't keep track of how many times because I kept looking down at his lips.

"I..." I couldn't tell him. He couldn't know. Harry had to be protected from whatever kind of home he was building in me.

"Tell me, Eden. Don't fucking spare the details," he snapped softly, holding me tighter.

"I need you around. It's like it's harder to breathe when you're gone and it's so unhealthy that it's like I'm living in the dark..." I paused for a second as he bit his lip in thought. "I need you for my sunshine...I need you so I can forget. I just...need you."

His lips brushed mine lightly to see if I was really there. Then it became clinking teeth and bruised lips as I held on tightly to the front of his jacket and he grabbed my hips. This wasn't a sweetheart kiss. This wasn't what the world wanted to see but always wanted to know about. These kind of kisses are the kinds of things that can evoke a certain kind of misdirection in a person.

Harry lifted me, pressing me not so gently against the wall and holding onto the outsides of my thighs as I hooked my ankles around him. Lips connected and parted as my hands found their way into his hair. It was dangerous and risqué, but I was enjoying every second of his...proclamation.

His lips trailed down my neck as I held onto his shoulders so he could clumsily take me to my bed. He unceremoniously dropped me onto my back to shrug his jacket off. I sat up in a drugged manner to help him pull off his shirt before I was pulling him down and on top of me. My fingers felt the expanse of his skin, the areas where the muscles were forming, and the areas where tattoos littered his skin. Carefully, I rolled us, so I was straddling him and catching better glimpses of his tanned skin. He hissed into my mouth as I grinded myself against him even though it went against my better judgement. Soon, his hands were pulling at my shirt and lifting it over my head before tossing it away.

"Shit..." he murmured as I sat up.

His fingers moved from my wrists to my shoulders over the tops of my breasts to my toned stomach. I watched his face before taking to opportunity to grind against him again.

"You're going to make me insane," he groaned, sitting up and unhooking my bra quickly. He made quick work of tossing that away too as I wrapped my legs around him and continued to grind against him. His mouth tortured my skin in every way possible as he held me close.

Then I remembered where we were and everything came crashing down.

"Harry, we have to stop," I murmured breathlessly, trying to pull myself away.

My heart began to race as he continued to kiss, nip, and lick at my skin. I unwrapped my legs and shoved him back with all of my might before crawling away. Quickly, I moved to the door and locked it before throwing on Harry's shirt that I had evidently thrown in front of it. When I turned back around, he was sitting up with his elbows on his knees and his hands in his curly hair.

"Harry," I said quietly.

He refused to move or even acknowledge that I was in the same room. I walked over and crawled on the bed behind him, fingers brushing over the parts of his skin that was inked. He finally pulled his hands from his hair to turn his head to me slightly.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"I know. I'm sorry too," I replied.

&&&

I'm going to finish this book soon. It's going to make us all a little sad, but I rather like sad endings. It reminds me that I'm human.

xoxo