23

I am so excited for you guys to see what I have planned.

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Toby and I walked on a trail toward the town; I don't even remember what it was called. It has been about a month since normal was going to school and NOT sitting around with murderers. As usual, it was raining.

"I've been wondering" Toby says breaking the silence.

I had my umbrella over himself and me but because he was taller he was holding it.

"Ever s-since you started living-g at the mansion, it's always been rai-ning or snowing" he said with a twitch here and there.

"Yeahhh...I don't even know what that's about" I laughed a little at this. I wish I could explain.

  We started approaching the address of our victim so Toby put down my umbrella and handed it to me,

"Alright, looks like we're here." He had the paper that was given to us out and pointed with his gloved finger at the address.

I crouched down behind a bush and peered through the leaves. I tried to look into the window but it was fogged because of the rain. It did snow about a week ago but winter here never gets below 35 degrees.

  "Maybe we s-s-should call you 'Rain Boy'" he snickered at his joke and I punched him in the shoulder. He didn't even flinch. I sat down on the moist grass.

"We should wait until it becomes a little darker, don't want to be seen now do we." Toby nodded and he sat down beside me.

We sat there for about 30 minutes waiting for the sun to go down.

"Soo..are you numb or something?" I asked him hoping it did not sound rude.

"Yeah, e-ever since I was born" I nodded and he continued.

"My mom would take care of m-me and my sister-r.." His tone of voice lowered when he mentioned his sister.

  Does this mean, "Is your last name Rogers by chance?" His head perked up at the familiar last name.

He put his goggles on his head so I could see his eyes, they were so dull yet they still had color to them—a light chocolate brown.

He looked so tired.

"How did you know that...?" Toby asked. I grew a little nervous at this.

"I actually heard about you, you were on the news after you burned down your house. I'm surprised I remember this, it's been a long time" I said.

He seemed to relax after this.

"The news, of course," He looked back at the house seeing if anything had changed, "I lived in the town wayyy on the other side of the forest, a surprisingly deep forest, it felt like I was walking in there for days." I laid back on the grass as I thought back on the pages I saw on the trees.

I was a little tired from hunching over.

The sky was almost dark enough but not yet, "Are you n-n-numb?" he asked, "I am...kinda...I think my father was the cause and now that he's gone, the numbness is fading." Toby nodded and laid back in the grass too. We laid there and just watched the clouds go by as the stars started to litter the sky, "I wish my my condition would j-just fade" his head jerked to the side.

I felt a little bad. Everyone here seemed like they went through a lot before they met slender man, "Maybe I can help fix that?" As soon as I said this, Toby burst into laughter, "That's funny-y" he whipped a 'tear' from his eye.

I scoffed at this response and stood up. Dusting off some grass stains, I started walking towards the house, "Hah-ha.. wait for me!" Toby ran up to me and pulled out one of his hatchets, "It's dark enough so let's get this over with." I said while getting my weapon prepared. Toby used the edge of his hatchet and broke the lock of the sliding door.