Chapter 11 - Amorrut

Author's Note: I only have 5% a clue what I'm doing in this chapter, so don't even ask. xD I'll just say I TRIED. ^-^ My knowledge on military strategies is approximately null, which isn't very useful when I've got an entire battle to make up myself. xD

~ Rivana Rita

"How do you know so much about me?" Ahsoka asks, curiously, looking down at her datapad. She and her master are researching the planet they're headed to, and somehow, he knew just the right jobs to give her, the ones that take less time and are more straight forwards.

"You wouldn't be the first Togruta I knew," he replies distractedly.

Ahsoka leans forwards, curiosity piqued. He never talks about his past. "Really?"

"Yeah." His voice drops a little. It's the same way he was acting when they went to Tatooine, and it makes her even more curious. She wants to know.

"What happened?"

Somehow, his voice manages to drop even farther when he keeps talking. "They're gone."

Ahsoka frowns. He never answers anything about himself. "We're not all the same," she objects, returning to their previous topic. She wants more details about his past sometime because it's mysterious and that's never something she'll stop wanting to unravel. Right now, though, he's made it obvious it's not something he'll discuss.

"Well, you're hunters. A proclivity to aggression, being independent... it's not all that hard to guess."

"I am not," Ahsoka grumbles.

"This is our second mission," Master Skywalker says, looking up from his datapad. "Stay close to me. I'll show you the best way to take out the droids. Remember, weapons first. Then they can't shoot you."

"Haven't forgotten."

"Good." His playfulness seems to have disappeared. "The most important thing to learn first is how to survive. Then, we can get into strategies."

She can't help but notice how he seems worried, as opposed to her excitement. The battle on Teth was thrilling, and they're back at it again. The only difference is that this time, she knows who her master is. She doesn't have to worry about needing to prove she's capable, even if she has to live up to his image.

"How are you?" Master Skywalker asks hesitantly. "Are you... feeling up to this?"

"Of course!"

"I know you think you are, but war is... tiring. We should've had more time to prepare. We should've gotten a few weeks of time at the Temple, but we didn't, so we'll have to make do." Ahsoka has the distinct feeling that he's annoyed about it, even if his tone doesn't indicate it. "I know you're capable, Ahsoka, but the front is dangerous. It's not a place for beginning training."

He seems worried, which is strange. It's unsettling to see the side of Master Skywalker which is so very human, burdened with normal concerns and worries.

"We'll be fine," Ahsoka chirps. After all, they're Jedi. A group of clankers can't get them down.

It's not long later that they're called to the bridge right before the cruisers exit hyperspace. Her master has that look of intense focus on his face again, the one he seems to have before battle.

Her own heartbeat picks up as pre-battle adrenaline rushes over her.

The ship jolts, and the white and blue streaks outside the viewport fade out into the vast expanse of space. The first thing that comes into view is the Separatist fleet blockading the planet. The second thing she notices is the remains of the Republic ships. "I thought we were here to reinforce, not replace," Ahsoka mutters.