Chapter 35 - Conclusion

Author's Note: I can't believe we're really here at the end! I hope you all enjoyed the story, and how it ends! :D A huge thanks to each and every one of you who was a part of this journey! ^-^

We've got more Vaderkin time travels on the way, and others that are already done, including Gates of Hell, a fic where Vader time travels from 7 years after ROTS to Mortis, and he and Anakin team up. Two of the next Vaderkin time travels we've got in the works are Show Me the Way, where Vader time travels from after his death back to ROTS in his own body, and Sky Walker, where Vader time travels from his death back to TPM... except he doesn't remember anything. ;)

~ Amina Gila

Anakin feels... oddly peaceful in a way he never has been before. He hates himself a little for doing this to Obi-Wan, but he can finally understand why Ahsoka left, at least in part. At least now, he can rest assured that she'll never be alone. He's choosing her over the life he wanted with Padme, but that's fine. It doesn't matter. Ahsoka is his padawan, his little sister, and she's more important than anyone else.

He's never had a chance to figure out who he was beneath the orders he was always given, and... he's finally getting that now.

It's not going to be like when Ahsoka left. He'll still... talk to Obi-Wan,if his master wants him to. That's not something Anakin could ever give up.

Even if his-Ahsoka gave up him.

It... doesn't really matter, though, does it? Not everything that happened once will happen again. Maybe he's naïve or just blinding himself to the truth, but he has to hope. He will hope, even if he regrets it severely.

The first round of talks is over, and... they don't really know what'll happen from here. Anakin is severely tempted to just sneak aboard one of the Republic's transports with Ahsoka, but there are too many other... risks to that. He doesn't care to find out what would happen if they were caught, by either side. Not when he has no one except his family willing to back him up.

And that's how he and Ahsoka find themselves on a Separatist ship in the area, in Dooku's office aboard it.

It's so jarring to be here for anything other than to destroy it, and Anakin's mind won't stop running through a million scenarios to blow the thing up. It's annoying, and distracting.

"I am impressed with the Republic's cooperation thus far," Dooku comments mildly.

If he's trying to make Anakin angry, well, he won't let him have it. Idly, it occurs to him, that for all he knows, the Sith could want the war to end solely so the Separatists could have time to establish themselves enough to attack the Republic again with better, more efficient droids. It's no wonder that one of the Republic's top requests is that the Separatist entirely shut down and eliminate their droid army.

Anakin's not here to discuss politics, though.

"Because of Sidious's absence," Anakin replies evenly. He can see some of how much the Sith master's absence is helping the galaxy, but he doesn't want to think about that too much. It seems... so wrong that anyone's death can bring about something better, but there are always times the Force deems death a necessity.

That's not something he can understand, though it's something both he and Ahsoka will have to confront if they're going to Tatooine and start freeing slaves.

To start a freedom trail.

"I wanted to request Ahsoka and I leave for a short time," he replies, "To... relinquish our ties with the Jedi Order, and regain contact with... some allies."

"Would you be willing for Ventress to accompany you?" he inquires.

He doesn't like that thought much, but she... can. They don't have anything to hide, and Anakin doesn't trust her, but he's certain enough he can... neutralize her if she tries to hurt someone. "If... that's what it takes."