Forgiving

Day Sixteen 

Josh hadn't slept. Danny had worked to calm him down for hours. When the sun finally rose he booked it to what was supposed to be him and Luanne's room. He watched Emmeline leave the room and made his way to the door only to be met with the new girl. In all honesty after yesterday she quite frightened him. He was more frightened by the look in her eyes when she saw him. 

"Josh Kiszka. You fucked up kid. That girl in there is special. I've never met anyone like that before in my life. Maybe it's best if you just let this one go." Mickey had the bottle from last night still in her hand, the brown liquid swishing as she spoke. 

"How bad is it?" Josh couldn't meet her intense stare as he spoke. 

Mickey took a deep breath looking back at the door. As much as she didn't like what he said to her knew friend, Mickey knew how much Luanne cared about him. If she lied about how the girl was doing she would regret it later. She swirled the liquid in the bottle considering what to say and how to put it. 

"I don't like you, to put it straight forward. Emmeline had to convince me this morning not to beat your ass. You should thank the yeehaw; she is quite fond of you too. As for Luanne, she's not doing great. She watched that movie she loves twice last night. If I were you I would bring up how you screwed up and how much you like her." Mickey watched him fumble with his fingers similar to Luanne and slightly smiled.

"I care, a lot. More than you'll ever know. She is different." Josh replied finally glancing at the woman in front of him who now held a small smile. 

"I know. Get in there cause if she is sad the rest of this trip, I will personally hold you accountable." Mickey patted his shoulder before walking away leaving him alone with a closed door in front of him. 

Luanne heard the light tapping on her door and knew immediately that Emmie had forgotten or lost something. Surveying the room she saw the aftermath of last night including an empty whiskey bottle and several cans with 4 pizza boxes half eaten. The hangover she expected didn't come and she thanked the pizza. Looking down she saw her lack of pants and Josh's shirt covering the rest of her. When Luanne opened the door she stopped short seeing Josh standing there fiddling with the hem of his shirt. 

"Good morning Luanne Faye." Josh spoke in a near whisper. 

"Good morning; may I help you?" Luanne tried to keep her eyes anywhere but on him, counting the tiles on the wall behind him.

"Can I please explain myself? Please. Once I do, you have all the right to take Emmeline and the scary one with you. You never have to see me again." Josh stepped towards the door taking note of how she wouldn't look at him. 

Luanne stepped back then allowing him to walk in. She pulled her shirt down to cover her ass as he walked past her taking a seat on their bed. Josh noticed it was his shirt and felt his mouth go dry as she sat beside him. He knew he had to word this perfectly or he really might never see her again. Luanne knew she wouldn't leave them altogether, she couldn't take Emmie from Sam. As Luanne opened her mouth to speak Josh was 10 steps ahead of her. 

"I shouldn't have lied about the Texas thing. I panicked. I thought about once the month is over and panicked. As for what you heard that was the farthest thing from the truth. I was being sarcastic because the boys were on my ass, even if they were right. I know we have 14 days now and I want to enjoy them with you. I care. I care so much it freaks me out. I am incredibly sorry Luanne." Josh's words were quick once again like the day he had met her and his hands fumbled with the pendant around his neck. 

"You shouldn't have lied. I am happy for you. The record deal is well deserved and you knew I would've been excited to celebrate it with you. I know you panicked, I have too. Luckily that's when I met Mickey. She is quite scary, in a good way though. I'm not saying all is forgiven. 14 days is all that is left and I don't want to spend them mad at you. I care about you a lot too Joshua Michael." Luanne's gentle smile appeared once again, making the dimple pop out as she took his hand in hers.