Impress

Day Twenty Pt.1

Luanne drove down the highway with Josh screaming the words to 'Ring of Fire' beside her. He was making a fool of himself and she couldn't hide the unfiltered joy in her eyes. In the rearview she saw the car full of the others behind her. She imagined they were having fun listening to Mickey's playlist, but nowhere near as much fun as she was having right now. Josh's hair flopped in the wind and his arms waved above his head. Every moment she had ever thought in her life was happiness was nothing compared to this. 

"Josh how far are we?" Luanne yelled over the music. 

"25 minutes baby! Plenty of time for my concert!" Josh cried back at her. 

Her face felt hot at him calling her baby. Luanne stole another glance at Josh seeing that he hadn't even noticed. Josh happily began singing 'Cold as Ice' feeling her eyes on him. He knew he had never called her that before. It shocked him more than anything. Her reaction to it is what made him want to do it forever. That shy grin had him in a chokehold.

Mickey and Emmie performed Lady Gaga songs for the nearly the past hour driving the boys crazy. If they weren't pulling into El Paso during their rendition of Bad Romance, Danny would have strangled someone. Jake of course smiled widely from the passenger seat watching Mickey dance along using a straw as a microphone. Once they got out of the car he would follow her anywhere. Sam had the window cracked to smoke as they pulled into the town but still held it to Em's mouth whenever she wasn't singing. Her hair had whipped into his face several times but he didn't care. 

"I've never been so thankful for Texas before in my life!" Mickey shouted placing her platform shoe on the ground. 

"Josh and Luanne are bound to have plans, what the fuck are we going to do?" Sam asked helping Emmie out of the vehicle. 

Luanne stepped into view placing her glasses atop her head. The tan Doors shirt complimented her now tan skin tone along with the black jean shorts poking out underneath. Josh came up behind her placing his hand around her waist with a grin. 

"Actually, I ain't thought of anything. Figured we would go honky tonkin while we were here. If that's alright with y'all?" Luanne's dimpled smile alerted the group that they would in fact be honky tonking tonight. Josh wouldn't let anyone say no. 

"Well if we are going out I'm going to need a new outfit and my nails done immediately. Come along blondie. Sam can come too, can't keep his damn hands off of you." Mickey stated before pulling Emmie and Sam with her down the street. 

"Um, Mick! Can I come?" Jake's voice cracked as he shouted to the girl who whipped her head back with a confused expression. "Come on Kiszka. You can carry my bags." 

Jake sprinted toward her with a wideset grin, not caring to wave goodbye as he stepped in time with Mickey. Luanne, Danny, and Josh stared at the group stepping away from them with tilted heads. Josh slipped his hand from Luanne's waist, turning her attention to him. 

"I actually have something I have to do. You hangout with Danny and I'll meet you guys for honky... whatever it is you call it. See you soon baby!" Josh swiftly kissed the girl's cheek before walking off in the opposite direction leaving the last too extremely confused. 

Luanne reached into her car placing her camera around her neck before coming back beside Danny. He still watched Josh walk off when Luanne locked her arm with his. 

"Come on Wagner, we can have fun without them." Luanne stated pulling him toward a shop with her boots clicking along the sidewalk.