Cole and Cinnamon

Cassandra's POV

My iris was blinded by the bright stream of sunlight that slipped into the cold and damp and dark dungeon. I squirted my eyes and shielded it from the burning light.

I got up and took my time to study the room I was in. Everything was literally made of grey cement... the floors, the walls, the ceilings..., there were also specks of blood here and there, mostly on the floor and the room reeked of blood too.

The rusty iron bar stood strong as the cage walls, there was no window, no fresh air, no good breathing space. The chains were made of pure silver and it stung at every contact.

My eyes shot open wide as I suddenly remembered the whole scene of last night. Tears began to spring from my eyes at the thought of Danica. She was gone, she was gone because of me.

I let out a wail burying my face in in my blood stained and dirty hands, crying out bitterly for my friends and my lost life. After I had cried my eyes out, I lay still from barely any movement, waiting, hoping for someone to open up the iron bars and step inside.

Hunter Caine suddenly flashed in my mind and I growled in irritation at the thought of him. I hated him. How could the moon goddess curse me with a mate like this.

MATE. That word that was supposed to mean a lot to me, the word that I was supposed to cherish when ever I was to say it. Back home, Mom and Dad had told each of us about the special bond between mates. What's so special about this now.

He didn't want me. And I didn't also want him, literal period.

I sat up, getting ready to pull at the chains and maybe get a better chance at breaking through it and getting out of here before the door opened up and a blonde man stepped to the entrance of the cell and unlocked it.

Creaks followed as the cell door opened up slowly. His skin creamy, lips red as cherries, eyes blue like the sky. He took a second to study me, his eyes travelling round my body, examining, wondering. He put his hands behind his back and took a deep breath." Alpha, wants you cleaned up immediately and taken to your new room." He informed.

I didn't say anything. What was there to say. No matter what I did it didn't change the fact that I'm a prisoner in my mate's dungeon.

"Not quite chatty are you?" He said raising a brow. I still didn't say anything. A groan of pain escaped me as I sat up straight and stared right back at him.

He let out a frustrated sigh." Listen kid, all you have to do is cooperate and alpha will see you in his favor."

I still didn't say a word but dropped my gaze to the floor.

"Though-" He continued on with an amused scoff." It was shocking to here that Alpha's mate was an sixteen year old."

"I'm nineteen." I amended with in a croak still looking down to the ground.

"And there she speaks." He said. I felt him walk to me slowly and crouch on front of me." Listen, kid, you are Alpha's mate now, and you can't change the fact that it is the moon goddess's choice which also mean there is a reason. There is always a reason. So you have to try to get along, and I'm just doing my job."

"I'm a prisoner." I spat swallowing at my dry throat.

"Not quite." He winced." You are just a guest."

"Guest don't get looked up in dark and spooky dungeons. Guest don't get kidnapped by their mates. And guest don't get to beg their host not to kill their best friends."

He sighed lowering his head to the floor. It took some time before he finally looked up at me again." I'm sorry about... what was her name again, Dawn, uh Daria-"