Heun

Fear

Apprehension

Premonition and a fate that was rewritten

"I-Imperial father! This princess demands to know where are you taking my imperial father?!" Blood tears trailed down the honey irises when the guards placed the wounded prince of Gaerin in a palanquin.

Imperial father? Only the children of an emperor were allowed to call him as such. The children of other princes only had the authority to call them 'father', and a princess? Lilith was no princess since her father was banished from the clan then why had Vzeus never interrupted her talking as such...it was because Prince Vzeus had never seen his daughter anywhere except the highest position...in his eyes her stature was the noblest of the nobles yet when the guards of King Kyzm saw the scene, there was an incredulous feeling.

"This soldier is only taking the traitor of the nation to Emperor Kyzm for justice. If the princess wishes, this one can take you as well. The crime of having a secret army is an offense of the highest degree, as soon our emperor was made aware, he ordered soldiers to be dispatched to contain prince Vzeus. The princess should be thankful that there was no execution order instead."

"Impudent!" General Casagon thundered after taking hold of Lilith not letting her take a step more as she trashed with all her might in his arms making the guards step back in fear. The empire of the Eastern deserts was barely standing, divided in various small parts, the country's centre was the only place that was under the rule of monarch now and even that was due to the secret army of Prince Vzeus that fended for the comatose Emperor Zexzerus.

The magnificent army that Prince Vzeus had collected was not ready for a war yet, it was meant to take over the throne in a year where they would arrange for weapons, the men were comparable in numbers but as soon as it came to the armory, they fell short at a huge distance, but it had to be brought out in open as a sacrificial piece the moment the father decided that his daughter's life was above the throne and he cannot sell her for power.

When Emperor Zexzerus fell into a comatose state and the soldiers of the barbaric nation rebelled, Vzeus took hold of his men and marched to the nation not caring about countless spies and thousands of eyes watching his every move, such was his love for his daughter and he had paid for it with his countless men perishing.

General Casagon was under strict orders from Vzeus to not let Lilith leave the Eastern deserts because for the first time in life he felt that the decision was utterly foolish and impertinent yet he had one life, if it was spent saving his children and wife then so be it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Helixis" Muscular arms wrapped around the petite waist of the woman who lit a lamp in the darkness thus lighting the entire chamber with a glimmering yellow hue.

"His majesty is wounded and must take care of his health." It pained her so much to say that. The moment she held onto an ounce of happiness, that was the moment all of it was taken away.

Emperor Heun gently turned her around looking into those stormy raven irises and felt stumped for a moment. She allowed him to touch her...but why?

"Helixis, why am I here with you? What happened to King Reineous, that bastard dog? Why are you in these ragged clothes? I....I will take responsibility....I will marry you with all the respect and care, place you in empress position if you come with me and abolish all of those women......I-I will take out Reineous eyes and behead him and ruin all his kingdom-"

"Reineous is dead Heun."

King Reineous had died twenty-one years ago in front of Heun.

Helixis was his lover.

She gave birth to a son for him.

Heun remembered nothing.

"He is dead?" The man cupped the moonlight face of the beauty and whispered a blessing as if chanting a mantra to protect her from any evil, such an irony it was since she was the grand saintess and her blessings were above all yet right at this moment when he uttered those words she felt lighter and smiled after so long.

This was also good, If Heun remembered nothing then he must also have forgotten about those betrayals and sorrowful death of his comrades.

Frail wrist kissed by moon and glowing like porcelain glass grasped the masculine shoulder as Helixis embraced Heun seductively like an enchantress who was on a path of sin.

"King Reineous was dead and this one left the palace, it must be fate that his majesty were on a hunting expedition where you wounded yourself accidentally and fell down the waterfall, that must be reason why you cannot remember a thing.

From here onwards there are two possibilities with you Emperor Heun. Either his majesty goes back and take your empire back in your hands or you let your loyal brother rule in your stead and stay here.....with me for infinity.

Empire or Helixis......you need to choose one Heun."

She fabricated an exquisite tapestry of lies, what brother? All of Heun's brother and even his shadow were conspired against and killed. Which hunting expedition? There was a hunt going on for humans- a massacre that the empress and princes of Ambrose did.

She had nothing at this moment.

The goddess's rage tendered her without an ounce of power and the people snatched her joyful family, her son was in the snake's nest while her husband had forgotten whatever happened between them.

While the long lashes kissing high cheekbones were bowing, Heun looked at the melancholic face of the woman he adored and sighed.

"Will regret my entire life if this one lets you go."