The War

Eagles encircled the skies looking out for prey yet the land bathed in blood had skulls of soldiers that could not preserve their lives to the end and were defeated. A general kneeled infront of the enemy as a sword was kept on his neck, his armor crushed and pride brutally crushed. The country of Ambrose watched the scene with fear and trepidation.

Once the imperial army was defeated the citizens of Ambrose will pay the price with their lives.

The male holding the sword to the General's neck roared as his thuderous voice echoed making his men holler in victory. Violet irises glimmered under the night sky as if waiting for something.The General of the enemy was soon beheaded by his bloodthirsty sword.

Since when Darrin got so strong?

Since when was Ambrose so weak to be crushed under the force of such small empire?

The country was burning and the commoners thought that the Emperor has fled. Emperor Baez was declared a traitor who left the men, women and children to fend off themselves.

"Consort Juhian! The imperial palace is unsafe! All the concubines must be evacuated by night or the enemy forces will force the women to become their-" The chamber doors were thrown open yet there was no consort Juhian since she had fled.

Several aristocratic families had sent their young ladies and heirs outside the borders to protect their safety while they fought with the enemy forces. Even the imperial harem that used to bustle with the chattering of females seemed to be tightly shut and the concubines that fawned over the emperor cursed him openly since it were their brothers that were fighting in the war.

It was said that in the royal dynasty of Heriodonus there was a mornarch so brave that his tales were sung throughout the world to teach and inspire, the monarch later had a daughter whom he married to the first emperor of Ambrose thus the lineage of Ambrose was considered to be courageous and fierce.

Who knew that there shall come a day that such weak offsprings of the previous emperor Heun shall bring it to dust, yet not all sons of the emperor can be called weak since the same man father the male that was considered the talent once in a millenium, till General Azarios protectedAmbrose even Gaerin did not dare to be impudent.

It was all but the misfortune that Emperor Heun made Feyore the Empress and not her highness saintess. All the blame thus was laid down on the dead Empress mother and her imperial tomb was vandalized and the rotten corpse dug out only to be stepped on multiple times by the people that ripped it apart and later discarded it in the wasteland.

Empress Seycea that was thrown in the cold palace saw light after months thus she wondered where has everything gone wrong. She was the empress of a prosperous nation with a husband that did not treat her poorly, yet later after killing Alexander, Baez threw her inside the cold palace to fend for herself or rather die of starvation. If it was someone else they might have felt misery to see their homeland burn but Empress Seycea was rather rejuvenated...in such way she will die along with everyone else.

Yet the ministers did not think so, even the most loyal followers of Baez had their own kin and family at stake thus when Duke Selic called for a discussion, the ones that refused to flee came at the end.

"Your highness Prince of Grevian knows that he is also the prince of Ambrose yet he still refuses to help! Prime Minister Zhan what is your outlook on this?"

Even though the prime minister had now retired yet among the people present it was only his entire household that was still standing intact and since Prime Minister Zhan was considered themost loyal of Prince Baez, the men listened to him intently.

"General Azarios had remained and helped the empire even after knowing his mother- her majesty saintess had never received the honor of being the empress mother, it was only after his wife was insulted and he himself was treated as such that he decided to leave Ambrose."

"This minister thinks that you all have gone insane! What Empress mother?! Her majesty saintess had betrothed Prince Azarios to the Empress of Gaerin- Lilith. The Empress of an enemynation lived for so long among us and has treated us like fools, how can we forget that!"

"Then minister Laos, you keep being proud and do not ask for help! Her majesty Empress Supreme was the first person to distribute relief during the times of floods and that too to the subjects of the enemy nation. Since her majesty had married General Azarios there were no disputes at the border, you do not see what this minister does and would implicate us all in the end!" The minister of war banged the table in rage and expressed his words with much passion making other men think upon it as well.

"I do not know about others yet one has followed emperor Baez for so long thus one will tell you the truth today, this one is also a father and a grandfather, when this Prime Minister's beloved daughter Cecelia was expelled from the nation her majesty Empress of Gaerin did not harm her.

For now our biggest threat is the rebels in city and the soldiers of Darrin that can reach the city center if we waited another day. The ones that will get slaughtered will be one's kin and not his majesty Baez that cared not for his subjects.

Those of you that had no idea of running away like cowards will also involve your daughters and females of the household. When a nation loses the females are the first to be preyed upon thusone had already sent one's daughter in laws and other away as my son are fighting along with the soldiers."

After much contemplation, a pigeon was sent to Subcommander Seros, the youngest son of Duke Selic who followed Azarios like a shadow.

(A/N: I have tried to update as much as I could. After epilogue, I would sadly be not available anymore for months. Honestly I did not had time to update thus I contemplated if I should put the book on hold but it was just some chapters away from being finished so I tried to take off one day and write as much as I could. Thank you so much to everyone that has loved this book so much. The next chapter is the epilogue which shall be posted after some days.

If there are mistakes kindly forgive me and enjoy! Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!)