Sultan and Sultana

"What is her highness princess called again?"

Sultan Zexzerus was the blooded brother of the previous Empress of Great Eastern Deserts and had long been seperated from her imperial sister to protect him from the assassins yet there were numerous times that his hiding places were infiltrated and even more when he was attacked as a child thus the masculine male was naturally suspicious since the beginning and ruled the Deserts with an iron fist.

It was only after he met Nevix when she was just a child of thirteen that his heart opened up to his subjects and officials.

Yet since the present was different that what had transpired in past, his reaction to Nevix who was a woman of immense beauty too was somewhat cold and indifferent when compared to when she was a shivering child that looked so sad and meek thus even after knowing her name, Zexzerus asked again as if to remind the Sultana that he did not had a place for her in his heart.

Dew like tears glistened in the irises when the male looked with no emotion in her eyes of different hues and asked such questions but Sultan Zexzerus did not moved at all and at the same time he did knew that this woman must be very close to his heart in the past if he had proclaimed his love for her numerous times in the past- to even make her the Sultana.

There were dark twisted emotions that swirled in his heart- was she truly his beloved or a spy sent by the enemies?

"One ceased to be a princess since the Sultan took my virginity when one was seventeen, since then one became the wife of Sultan Zexzerus. What is one's name?"

Glimmering tangerine irises shivered when he saw her as such but the heart of a king must be like a stone where no emotions entered. She looked so exquisite but she was his enemy.

"This Sultan shall bring riches, jewels and honor to her highness but one cannot give you the position of wife in one's heart. Great Eastern Deserts and Daxtros had a political marriage alliance this marriage is all but an alliance to keep peace between the two nations but do not expect any emotions from this emperor."

Those words were repulsive and after saying such Zezerus felt his heart beating erratically as if his conscience was screaming at him for saying something that his past self would never utter. He looked at Nevix that was calmly looking down as if nothing in the realm made her waiver and she had expected him to say this since a long time.

" This Sultana is aware that you are suspicious and has been avoiding one like a plague but now since husband has decided to call this one for a meeting one will tell you the truth.

Husband has been in an endless sleep since four years, if one wished to take away your throne, one would have done that without even lifting a finger.

This princess of Daxtros loved and will always love emperor husband more than anything and anyone that can learn to love but since you pretend to not even know one's name......one can see the present and past have both been altered and husband has no longer any affinity with this princess.

You are not my Zezerus that stayed nights awake when this princess caught a cold in childhood just to see if one was alright.

You aren't the male that had punished even his close generals when all they did was just tell you to be wary of this one.

You are not the person who built a flower castle for this princess when all this one said was that I like watching them and you aren't my Zexzerus that vowed to only have me as his eternal soulmate.

You wish me to act like a Sultana and stop hoping to become your wife.

Then let this princess tell you- it was husband that wished for this princess to rule beside you, it was you that spoiled this one to the extents of waging a war for this one but this Sultana never desired luxuries and extravagant gifts from husband and prayed for past four years- day and night for your return because this princess only love Zexzerus and not the Sultan of Eastern Deserts!

The title of Sultana and the status of the Empress that commands sixteen armies of East are all worthless to this princess if the person that I devoted my entire life to is willing to cast one aside.

This marriage of General Casagon and Princess Artimisia is my last duty as the Sultana of the Eastern Deserts. After that I, again taking upon my name as the Princess of Daxtros shall break any meaningless relations in your eyes forever.

After that the Emperor is free to have your woman-"

"Nevix!" When a thick white wold fur was wrapped around her only then she realised that she was crying.

Zexzerus looked shaken, those words were so ruthless and she declared their parting even making a suggestion that he was to have any woman he wished for.

There was some part in him that still did not remembered their past moments but his heart pained so much as if bleeding from inside when she said she will go away.

"Sultan remembers this princess's name now. One is truly blessed to have this one last meeting."

After that the woman got and left despite how many times Zexzerus called out her name.