Concubine

Court officials did not even dare breathe harshly when General Azarios was bestowed with the imperial order of golden silk. Few pondered why would a man of such capabilities refuse a beauty since it was the main wife's duty to extend branches of her husband's family while others somewhat understood the heart of the general- who knows that Emperor Alexander was giving a concubine or a spy?

Yet the General no matter how rebellious and hubristic could not defy the Emperor in the court since such actions were to be seen as launching an attack on the imperial body of Ambrose and would mark under betrayal.

"The General looks displeased with this emperor's decision. This one has not given an unworthy female thus one must not worry."

"Its this one's fortune to have the emperor as one's lord, since it is his majesty that is guiding over Ambrose one has never felt worried let alone about one's own self. Its his majesty's wish to give one a concubine then how come this general not accept?"

When emperor Heun died who was the one that kept Ambrose together?

Who defended against Gaerin?

Which godly power came to the rescue of commoners when Prince Baez killed half of the imperial army that sided with previous traitor General Bezus?

Which mansion the nobles and the commoners looked upto when there was a calamity?

It was General Azarios of Lotus mansion.

Who was Emperor Alexander? Someone that the commoners had come to resent secretly, an entity that was seen warily even by the noble aristocrats for his incompetent nature thus when Azarios said those contradictory words even Alexander felt that he was mocking him.

A monarch that could not even fulfill his oaths well how can there be a day when he can take a decision about the empire's hero? The emperor had his fists clenched with how obnoxious this person was. He must bury the Lotus mansion before Azarios swallows his power.

When General Azarios was inside the court listening to the bickering of ministers regarding the agricultural lands an exquisite fairy had already entered his courtyards.

"What...What is this?!" Despite the imperial decree by the monarch being passed down neither the General lady nor any of the servants opened the doors of the Lotus mansion for her thus making the fairy-like countenance drop as she ordered her own subordinates to open the gates for her carriage to enter. It was known in the entire capital of Ambrose that General Azarios accepted the emperor's command this time without any excuses and refusal thus making the concubine's arrogance bloom too.

"How dare a lowly slave look down at this one, its only now that the general is enamored with her...in future one must show that woman her place!"

"Lady must not worry, our grace is most virtuous woman in the capital, how come anyone compete with you." Tightly clenching the silk cloth in her hands Lady Giana muttered before coming down her silver embroidered palanquin gently as if nothing bothered her and she was an unearthly being descending from heaven.

Servants looked over at the woman and walked right past her as if she was a shadow that could not be seen, despite such treatment Giana did not lose hope and her servant stopped a female.

"W-Where is general lady? This servant's master wishes to meet her." If it was anyone else they might have thrown a tantrum and ran away yet this person who appeared to be as fragile as a flowery vein looked at the maid with teary eyes as if she was bullied.

"Our matriarch is in the southern pavilion, this servant will guide lady there."

"B-But aren't southern pavilions reserved for the master of the manor." When such words were asked innocently, the maid turned around and smiled at the concubine and her maid.