Chapter 3 • Hidden secrets

THAt was probably the worst night I ever had

Seeing Malcom cheat on my sister. Callum— touching me.

But that's the one that bothered me the least. I don't like that it doesn't—

It's a Friday morning. I don't even surprisingly wanna go to school— "Ro! you need to tell me what happened last night." Alexia barged in my room. "Nothing happened last night." I say not wanting to bring it up. Ever—

"Oh? So what Malcom told me is a lie." She calmly deadpanned me. "What did he say." I ask. "That you were hanging out with Callum." She started to smile.

Oh god.

"What happened?" She blurts again, as I stood up walking past her to go downstairs. "Literally nothing Lex." I snapped at her getting irritated with the assumption—

"You know I hate the guy"- I go in the kitchen. "Oh please, that's what every girl says." She waves her hand in the air blowing air out of her mouth. "Callum made my second year of high school an absolute mess." I reminded her.

"So therefore, I. Do. Not. Like him." I jolt every last word out to her. "Fine, whatever." "I just hoped you find somebody." She sighed. "Well everyone isn't like you sis." I close the fridge to pour a glass of juice.

"I see that" she hops on the kitchen island. "I'm gonna get dressed and drive to school alone." I purposely rose my voice on the last word going up the staircase. "And Rosalie, I think you should at least try and find someone." "Specifically Callum." She grinned.

I ignored her.

I entered my messy bedroom. I go up to my closet to pick out a white floral dress, and light blue converse. I decided to also keep my hair down, plus do my edges.

I grabbed all of my bags, and went downstairs.

Time for school.

"Rosalie." I heard Adam behind me as I walked in the through the glass door. "Yes?" I replied to his serious tone "people told me that you were talking with Callum last night, and that's why you left early." He questioned as he stood in front of me.

"Yeah, I did speak to him but I didn't go home with Cal." "I left because I saw freaking Malcom kissing some girl." I whispered at him. "What"- he said from surprised noticing I'm not lying. "Yeah, tell me about it." I scoffed.

"First off, who even told you this?" I also noticed "I don't know I heard it from a group of people this morning." "They think you two are dating."

I went silent.

Me and... Callum dating?

"Oh my." I facepalmed. "Knowing high school, it might spread." Adam adds "don't even bring that up." I glared at him.