Chapter 6 • Unusual

MY Mother is going to enjoy this a little bit too much

"Please ignore how she acts." I mumble to Cal as I trace the wooden table taking a seat.
"Oh don't worry I will." He responded, taking a seat next to me.

"Hey Cal." My sister came in with a smile. "Hi." He says taking out his tiny black sketchbook in his pocket. Then he starts to draw in it— he won't let me ever see it, so I don't bother to ask.

Later on, my mom came in the dining room with a plate of lasagna all for us—
"Thank you." Cal says with his nose still stuck in the drawing he's continuing. I turn to pull it down from his face to eat.

"Are you not hungry." I whisper at him. "Not sure, but I don't mind eating." "Let me wash my hands." He stands up and kisses my neck and went to the bathroom.

"When we're you gonna tell us." Alexia says referring to her and Mom. "Trust me I was going too." I start to eat.
"I get that, but it's a big deal with you to be having a relationship with someone for the first time." She explained to me, but I don't answer.

"I know, I know." I trail off hearing Callum come back to the table. He had his glasses back to his face, black hair pushed back into a bun with two strands of hair in the front. He looks really good, like very— okay stop Rosalie.

Alexia looked like she was gawking at him. Which did not make me feel comfortable. At all— "The food taste great." Cal says as silence fills throughout all of us.

"Thank you Callum."

It's so awkward because, there so fascinated by a man being involved with me. "I'm gonna go up to my room." I say getting up with the plate and going over to the sink—

They all watch me, except Cal as I left the area.

I saw her leave the room. Then I continue to finish the meal presented to me.

"What made you want to date a person who isn't romantically involved with anyone." Alexia asks  as her mom left the room included. I scoff a laugh out— "Well I personally, don't think that's any of your business." I lean back in the chair looking at her.