Chapter 8 • Unexpected awakening

FEELING the soft cushioning on my body made me move around then I felt a bare chest

I slowly flutter my eyes open seeing Cal asleep.

Also shirtless—

I pop up noticing how I'm in my bra and panties. "Cal!" I shriek— he alertly opens his eyes. "Did you take off my clothes?" "And why am I in your house!" I frantically speak.

"One, you had some guy touching you while drunk and I beat the shit out of him." "Two, I took you to my home because your sister tried to seduce me." He says with his fingers going up.

"Third, yes I took your clothes off but I didn't look at you." He says looking at me as I sat up covering my body.
"Cal do not look at me." I say knowing I have smudged makeup on and messy hair. "I could care less if you think you look bad right now."

"You look perfect to me." He muttered getting out of the bed— god that accent just made that sentence ten times better. "I"- I didn't know how to respond to that.
"Oh and also we didn't have..love together did we?" I watch him put on his glasses.

"No, I put you to bed like I exactly wanted to do." He grinned at me. "And your mom knows that your not doing classes today."

"Since hungover for the first time." He makes a ding noise. "What did I say.." I groaned in embarrassment.
"I'm not gonna tell you, because then you'll be very embarrassed." He laughs at the thought—

"Actually yeah your right, don't." I said quietly as he came over to me with a black shirt. "Wear this since your clothes are covered in vomit." He told me.
I take it from him and threw it over my head, as he sat at the end of the bed staring at me.
"What?"

"Nothing, you just look"- he turned away. "I look.?" I keep staring at him. I chose to leave the conversation alone so I say "can I stay here for today, I don't want to see my sister right now."

"Oh I know why." He adds. "But yes you may." He held my face still. "Your welcome here whenever." He stood back up. Suddenly, his front door started to knock.

He threw a hoodie over his head. Walking out the door to downstairs. I sat there in the bed, quiet till he came back upstairs.

"Are you glued to the spot now." He smiles at me.
"Well, I've never been in any other guys room besides Adam.." I shrugged. I also wondered who was at the door, but I didn't wanna sound nosy.

"You are something Rose." He sits back over to me— "I know this is random." "But have you ever even tried telling Malcom that you liked him." he asks me.
"No, I have not and I never will." I shook my head. Cal moves closer to me—