Chapter 16 • Three words

I will not be the girl falling so quickly again for a man who just told me "I'm not the one you want to settle with

I will not be the girl falling so quickly again for a man who just told me "I'm not the one you want to settle with."

He is so confusing.

I got out of the shower putting on my pink salmon fitted dress. I also put my wet curls into my classic half up-half down style. I did natural makeup, light mascara, blush, and lip gloss. Finished off with gold jewelry. I hesitated to go downstairs hearing Cal watching TV. But I went downstairs anyway.

I had my purse ready and sandals on. It was 4:45 PM, I needed a break from Cal for a couple hours. I tried quietly to open the door without him hearing. The TV was loud enough thank god—

So I quickly opened it and went outside back into the sun. It felt like the perfect temperature out here.
I continued walking down his path opening the gate. I took out my phone to see what Parisian restaurants their were or bars nearby.

I saw a bar that was a 15 minute walk from here. So I decided to go, of course.

I finally made it to the very busy bar. I walked quickly across the street to get inside.
I don't know why I'm going into a bar at the age of 17. At least going on 18 tomorrow. But its France they could probably care less about age.

Which is bad and good.

I went over to sit at a barstool in front of the bartenders making drinks for their customers.

I put my hair strands behind my ear as I waited for a bartender to come over to me. I felt like I was being stared at— then I saw a tall, dark brown hair, dark green eyes, in his working uniform. He was coming over to me—

"Bonjour mademoiselle, que puis-je vous apporter cet après-midi?" He says wiping his hands off on a towel (Hello miss, what can I get for you this afternoon?). "So sorry but I speak English." I said hoping he would understand me.

"Even better." He smiles at me. His accent isn't as deep as Callum's. But he's still really good looking— "what can I get for you.?" He cleared his throat. "I'll take a martini." I responded to him while taking out my money. "No, no it's on the house." He offers while handing me the glass.

"Thank you." I say before taking the drink he touches my manicured hand. "What's your name?" He says with so much confidence. "It's Rosalie.." I answered quietly "I'm Sebastian." He kisses my hand.

"Well Sebastian, I just wanted you to know that I have a boyfriend." I bit my lip awkwardly. "So why are you here all alone, Rosalie." He says that question out of all questions. "Because I needed a drink." I stood up from my stool letting go of his hand. "Have a good afternoon." I walk away from him.

Then I heard him jump over the counter just to grab my waist back over to him. "You don't sound to happy that you have that boyfriend specifically." He strokes my face gently. "I'm sorry but I really do have to go." I whisper.

"Please let go of me." I tried to push him off. I heard the bell ring from the door opening and then I saw bartender on the floor. "Elle a dit de la laisser partir." Cal spoke aggressively— (She said let her go) . I turn around to look at him towering over me.

"You're coming with me whether you want to or not." He tells me taking my hand.

The second we entered back into his apartment that's when I knew he was gonna start a new argument.
"Rosalie, you can't leave without me especially in France." "Your gonna draw attention from men." "Luckily he didn't actually do anything to you." Cal said hitting the wall with his fist.

"Why did you let him touch you." He muttered quietly. "Well Cal, I don't know if you noticed but you kept pushing me away!" I snapped at him.
"I let him touch me because you aren't going to let me ever get to close with you." "Ever." I finished.

"You can't get mad with me talking to another guy when you clearly said I don't deserve you." I added. "Cause you don't." He looks back over to me walking over to me.
"So why am I here." I step away from him. "Because I can't get myself leave you alone." He gets closer to me causing me to lean against the island counters.

"I care too much about you to leave you alone, Rosalie." He puts both of hands on each side of the counter. "Cal.. stop." I turn my head away from his lips. He lingers his fingers on my chin moving it back to him. "I also think you are the most amazing woman I've ever met."

I sighed. I am trying to convince myself not to fall for it again. "Are you using me." I blurt out loud. "Using you? Really." He scoffed. "No, I have wanted you even more since the day I saw you sitting down right in Mr. Carol's room."

I couldn't hold it anymore I put my hands on his face to kiss him. Then I broke off as we both stare at each other.
I wanted to tell him the three words. But I couldn't— I would absolutely embarrass myself.

"Rose." "What are you thinking about." He says kissing my exposed collarbone and neck. "It's you.." I sighed lowering his head down to my breasts. Cal pulls down both of my straps making them bounce out of the dress.

"What about me." He continues touching me. I can't say that to him. "That I love you.." I whisper then moved away from him out of embarrassment. He stood himself back up straight looking blankly at me. "I'm sorry." I covered my face knowing that he doesn't feel the same way back at all.

I pull my straps up. He didn't say anything. That is what's scaring me the most. I run upstairs into the bathroom locking it shut.

Cal was walking up here. I sat in the corner of the bathroom quiet. "Rose." He says softly. "Can you set a flight for me to go back." I say sniffing. "I'm not"- "please, I don't want to be here anymore." I stop him.

"Come out here, Rosalie" He tells me. "Now." He demands. I got up and opened the door to see him. "You're not going back home Rosalie." He assured me.
Cal took my hand and went over to the bed. "Don't be embarrassed." He tries to soothe me. "Sleep."

"We are going to have fun tomorrow for your birthday."

- I updated a lot early since I had this finished yesterday

-so here you go book lovers💕