Chapter 17 • Her Big Day

WHAT she said last night did not escape my brain, ever

I didn't know how to respond to it because I couldn't say it. Today is also her 18th birthday, and I want her to enjoy it.

She was crying herself to sleep last night. I felt like shit not doing anything about it. I just felt like I was paralyzed after the words that escaped her perfect lips.
Rosalie started moving as she slept on my body "Mm.." I hear her moaning quietly on my chest.

"Morning." I said. She looks up at me then noticed that she was sleeping on me. "Sorry.." Rose lifts herself up.

"Happy Birthday to you, Rosalie." I grin while getting out of my bed. "I got you something." I add while going in my closet. "Cal"- "you didn't have to.." She stayed quiet as she saw a gift bag from me.

"Open it, Rose." I handed it to her.  A sigh let out as she listens to me and opens the bag to a dress. I got her a dress with her favorite color, Sage green. Then I left her a sketchbook as she takes it out of her bag.

"You know I don't draw very well." She frowned softly. "No..it's not for drawing." "Look through it." I watch her do so.

I started to draw her secretly during classes before I left the academy and then when I saw her again. "I"- she kept going through them. "So that's why you wouldn't show me this book." She snickers quietly going along every page I drew.

"Let's say" "You we're an inspiration for me." I watched her as I leaned against my closet door. "I'm gonna get ready." I sighed turning to my hooked clothes and picked them out for myself.

I chose to wear a dark green button up with my go to black dress pants.

I waited for her to leave the bathroom while she was getting herself ready

I didn't  know if I could do it.

Rosalie deserves to have love, not someone who is afraid of it. I'm absolutely incapable of her love, her loving me.

I won't ruin her birthday just because how fucked up I am. I won't let that happen.

"How do I look?" I lift my head up hearing her come down the hall to the living room. The long dress fit her perfectly, her bouncy curls touched to her back, makeup done, and her big lips covered in pink gloss. It's like she's definition of perfection itself.

"You look amazing." I stood up. "Thank you" She smiled at me. I got extremely close to her she put her hands on my chest. "Um..let's go to where you wanted to take me.." She stammers while I kept staring. "Right." I cleared my throat walking by her outside.

I inhaled the morning air of Paris. The sound of bells and cars driving, honking surround my ears. She came outside closing my door— "what are we gonna drive in?" Rosalie stands beside me.

"Well you meant, what are we driving on." I smirk going to the front to see my motorcycle. "Callum! my dress." She rolled her eyes. "You'll be fine." "Hop on." I rev up the bike while grinning at her.

I kept one foot on the ground and the other up holding out a helmet for her. "Put your purse in this." I move my head towards the small compartment.
Rosalie sighed walking over to me taking the helmet and placing her belongings away. Then she lifts her dress to put her legs around.

The helmet goes on her head and she wraps her arms around my waist. "There you go." I say. "Just drive the damn bike Callum." She scoffed. I smiled under my helmet driving off down the busy road.

WE made it to a beautiful restaurant

WE made it to a beautiful restaurant. Cal drove slowly up to it kicking out his stand for the bike. I saw Celeste there standing outside waiting.

Wow, some alone time with him, huh? But then I saw two other guys with her. "We're hanging with some of my friends." He took off his helmet hopping his leg away from the bike.

"I'm sorry, I thought that only we were hanging out with each other." I removed the helmet. "I don't even know them, Callum." I get off the bike myself before he even thought about helping me.

"You're seriously gonna have an attitude about this, Rose." He looks at me blankly. "Yes actually I am." I scoffed taking my stuff out of the back. "God, I cannot comprehend how I believed you thinking that you would actually want to be with me. For my birthday!" I walked away from him.

Callum ran to me grabbing my arm. "I am with you." He pulls me back in. "No, I'm with someone else." "Have fun with Celeste and the rest of them." "I'm going back home Callum." I kept walking trying to find a cab.

"No you're not." He said calmly. "Yes I am, I'm done with this." "You do sweet things, then you do completely ridiculous things to me." "And the problem is I love you!" I stood as far away from him as his friends stared.

"I hate that I love you, Callum." I tried to not cry in front of these people. But I couldn't stop it— "You have completely put Corruption my life." "If I actually didn't deserve you, you wouldn't have gotten this close with me, be my first kiss, being my first time."

"I wish I never met you again that one morning." I put my hand through my hair.

"Goodbye Callum." He just stayed silent as I walked far away from him.

- Probably not the most predicted part you've read on this story

- so sorry that this chapter is shorter than the usual!