Day 5 Part 3

I began to tell Kathie about my past. The darkest secrets I hold as a child.

Something I hid from everyone I know except for three people that know about the dark past I have.

My Mom, my dad, and her mother.

To pay off the debt my father created in the past, I once joined an underground fighting arena where they pit kids in the ring and bet their lives through fighting to the death.

I became a contestant in the ring which...

I killed multiple lives just to survive in the ring.

In order to survive, I had to fight.

In order such that my father wouldn't be disappointed in such a useless child, I had to kill in order to get his praises.

In order for me to live, I had to end someone.

For the money, to pay off my father's debts. To recieve his affection. And to feel the love I've been neglected to have all these time from him.

"I didn't mean to kill them, Kathie. I just want to earn money to pay off the medical bills for my mom. She was the only one who cared for me and...I...I...." - Zekie

There, I finally broke into tears. Holding this pain in my chest after all these years since I barely grew up with love in my childhood.

I kept seeing those children's faces while I was blinded by rage and fear, trying to survive in the ring while people jeer, laugh, and throw things at me.

I kept my hands clenched as I remember them being stained with blood, remembering all those times that I had no control myself over just to get out and live through fighting.

It was also the moment where Kathie's mom saw me at that time where I was just shaking in the corner, trying to hold myself to not make my mom worried about me.

She was hard-working and took care of us even when she was sick and often blame herself for it.

So, I always tried my best at smiling, letting myself hide the horrors I've seen or the actions I've done. Making her happy to the best I can.

"There, your Mom took me in after seeing how much potential I have over getting information after learning to survive in the ring. She offered me a job which was to help look for your father who ran away." - Zekie

From fighting in the ring to collecting information, I did so many black deeds that made me sick as I didn't even want to do this job at all. I just want to help my mother get better, trying my best to work towards it, slowly losing my sanity as time goes on.

"I didn't have any emotional support to keep me sane from all those things that had happened. Yet...

I saw you...." - Zekie

"!!!!" - Kathie

Her eyes widen as I smiled, trying to recall that moment of change when I had first met her.

Kathie used to be emotionless and full of lifelessness in her eyes.

She just walk without any direction as she seems to have just given up life itself at that time.

I just stood from afar at that time, trying to distance myself from people considering that she was someone's child whom I consider to have taken care of me.

For me, Kathie was just a person I was tasked with, to take care after her mother needed someone to protect her safety. Since while I am good at collecting information, I'm still a good fighter after surviving the dark arena.