well, there are still traps to get rid of...

One thing I have to say before I start this chapter is that (look at the drawing) :

That's why this chapter is shorter then other chapters.
Another thing to be mentioned if you didn't see the comment I made last chapter, aster treats custard and pancake like every other cookie

(or at least right now cause Aster has not got any relationships with them, they are still strangers i guess? By relationship I mean like friends and stuff, anything else like lovers or anything similar is discusting aspecaily aster is 16 and custard and pancake 7/8)

the reason she was so worried for them is because she feels responsible for the lives of the citizens in the kingdom.
As she is the only one who knew and knows what danger they have to deal with, and if any cookies dies or gets injured because of nettle, no matter if they live in the kingdom or nearby, she feels fully responsible for it.

Anyone who gets harmed cause of nettle, Aster feels fully responsible, as she feels like she could prevent it.

plus Gingerbrave feels responsible for the citizens safety.
Anyways enjoy this chapter! 🥲

-custards pov-

Just when I set off the trap I saw the rope immediately flow quickly, and causing it to tangle round my leg before I could move it out the way.

I didn't know what to do I was frozen, all I could do was start crying, I closed my eyes and prepared for the worst while I heard pancake panic

Then silence, other than the running of some cookie and a rope being cut or ripped. Then I felt arms around me, as I opened my eyes I realized it was aster! I was about to hug her and thank her for saving my life but when she put me down she immediately fell on the floor unconscious.

After like 2 minutes of screaming for help me and pancake decided to find gingerbrave, which did not last long, and told him what happened, he told us to go to the castle and stay there till he was back.

"Custard? You there?" Pancake asked me bringing me back to the present.

I glared at him for a moment processing what just happened and said "yeah, I'm fine, I'm just confused on what just happened, everything happened so quickly."

"Yeah, I'm scared for aster, I hope she is ok!"

Then silence fell upon us two, I was also concerned if aster was ok, she didn't have any physical harms, or at least I don't think so, other then her arm.

It's been and hour since we started undoing those traps and we did nothing, not even a single trap has been undone or at least it doesn't look like it.

Hope the others did way more progress then we did, but I also doubt it knowing chilli pepper and wizard being in the same group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Grunt*
my head it hurts.

As I opened my eyes they adjusted to the light, and the vision became less blurry by time.
Then I heard a voice, it was gingerbrave.

"Oh my ancients! You're ok!"

I got up and everything became clear, I saw the tree I was next to, I saw the grass, and lastly I saw the cut rope and gingerbrave next to me.
I then felt a sharp pain in my legs randomly

"Ow, my legs kind of hurt." I said.

"No wonder you ran really fast to save custard from the rope over here." Then he pointed at the rope and glared at it for a moment.

I got up and tried to stand up on my legs, I nearly fell over but I am standing.
"We should get rid of those traps before something happens like this to someone else."

Gingerbrave turned his head immediately towards me. With a worried look he said
"are you sure? You just fainted from running to much... Besides I doubt anything like that to happen barely no one goes near the trees, I'm not saying that the chances are impossible, but low"

I just sighed walked a couple steps, looked back at him and gestured my hand in a way Basically saying 'come on'.

He closed his eyes for a moment took a deep breath. "Fine, but I will make sure that it won't happen again."

He walked towards me as he took out, and neatly unfolded, the trap map I gave him.

"So where do we head to first?" He asked as he turned his head towards me.

Told you it was a short chapter 🧍