CHAPTER 3: Why...

The blackRolls Royce comes to a stop after multiple turns. Liu Shan did not speak a word throughout the whole drive.

"Liu Shan, What are you thinking?"

Mami was angry, but not to the point it touched her bottom line. She guessed Liu Shan must have his reasons.

Looking out the window, she was puzzled.

"Eh? Why are we in front of City Z Hospital?"

Confused, she stared outside, until her eyes landed on a slender figure walking towards them. She crease her brows intensely.

The man had bandages on his head and arms. He was in extremely sorry state. But she knew exactly who this man is.

"Jun? Why is he here? And why is he like that?"

As Qin Jun approach the car, each step he took was like heavy pain to his heart. He took a deep breath before reaching out for the door handle to the back seat.

Opening the door, he was greeted by the beautiful girl, except her facial expression was filled with confusion. Seeing her in her wedding dress, he felt like someone suffocated him.

"Jun, why are you here? What's going on?"

Qin Jun hesitated for a quick second before he gather himself together.

"Mami..."

He knelt down in front of the open back seat door to be at eye level with Mami.

He tried to softened his voice as much as he could, gathering every ounce left in him, "I can't find any other way how to tell you.. but he is no longer with us.. Shin passed away.."

The world seemed to have slow down for Mami. It was like darkness devoured her whole world.

As if time just stopped.

Her world came crumbling down hearing what Qin Jun said.

'No longer with us...'

'Shin passed away...'

Those words repeated in her head. Mami's hands began to tremble, her eyes became blurry, yet she fought back to hold in her tears.

She won't believe it.

She won't believe Qin Jun's words.

"Lies..." she forced an uttered in disbelief.

Watching her, Qin Jun knew how she must be feeling at this moment. He took a deep breath and looked her in the eyes.

"We got into an accident on the way to the church. Shin's heart stopped when we arrived in the hospital.. Mami, I'm so sorry."

Not believing him, Mami gets out of the car, pushing Qin Jun to the side and runs towards the hospital entrance.

She won't believe it.

He promised he won't leave her.

He had promised!

Watching Mami running towards the hospital, Qin Jun close his eyes and clench his fists tightly.