CHAPTER 149: Your pick

---

"Stay here and rest."

Lu Tian's voice trails into Yue Ling's ear as he leans and pecks her forehead. He gets up from the bed and walks to the bathroom inside the room. After cleaning himself, he walks back out with a warm damp towel and cleans his beautiful wife.

Yue Ling laid on the bed exhausted. She could feel him gently wiping her body clean and wasn't one bit bothered by it. Hearing his footsteps again, she open her eyes and looks at the man walking back to the bathroom. She will never believe him when he says 'quick' again!!! Not only that! How can he, who has a wounded hand have so much stamina in his left hand?!!!

Watching him go inside the bathroom, she struggles to sit up. Then moving her aching legs, she stands up and starts dressing herself.

Within moments, Lu Tian walks back out and his eyes darken when he saw what his wife was doing.

"What are you doing?"

His sudden cold voice made Yue Ling's heart skip a beat. Not daring to face the man, she quickly pulls her white turtle neck sweater down. She didn't care to tuck it in.

"I need to get back to work."

Lu Tian furrow his brows. They had just finished his 'quick' act and he knew he had tired her out. Not just that, he rather her stay here and rest, because when he called her earlier, she had said she was tired. Watching her, he sighs and walks towards her. Sitting down on the edge of the bed, he looks at her.

"Do you have to go back to work?"

"..."

Yue Ling was rendered speechless. Did he really just ask her if she had to go back to work?! Of course she has too! Without looking at the man, she part her hair to one side and run her fingers through in a combing motion. She can't go out of this room looking like a hot mess. Who knows what the workers out there will say!

Attentively watching his woman fix herself and not paying him any attention, Lu Tian's frown deepen. He reach out and grabs her hand, pulling her in front of him until she stood between his legs. Bringing her closer, he wrap his arms around her waist and rest the side of his face on her abdomen.

"Can't you just stay here with me?"

"....."

Yue Ling looked down at the man and she didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Why was he acting like a child? And was he always this clingy? It's not like they weren't going to see each other again. She sighs and shakes her head.

"Tian, I need to get back to work. It's the same for you."

Lu Tian pout his lip then he turn his head to face Yue Ling's abdomen. He press his face against it before secretly planting a kiss on it. He couldn't help but think, it's only a matter of time before she becomes pregnant with his child. However, he still needs to give her left ring finger a present first.

Thinking till there, he reluctantly pulls away and answers her with a, "Fine." He lets her go, and stands up, "But you have to let me send you back to work."

*Thud*

"....."

Yue Ling, who had just reached down to pick up her Louboutins, ended up dropping one pair. She swore, she would have fallen to the ground if she wasn't trying to steady herself. Looking him in the eye, her expression turns serious.

"Tian, you can't do that. Won't you get in trouble for leaving work? What about your boss?"

This time, Lu Tian was the one speechless. His boss? Did his wife not know he IS the boss here? Then, remembering how he had only said he worked in the business industry, he sighs in a small regret. He looks at her and spoke with a straight and serious expression.