CHAPTER 194: Hold hands

-----

*ring ring*

The sudden sound of a ringtone interrupts Yue Ling's words. She disregards the sound and looks deeply at the man next to her. Her expression full of determination.

"Tian, I am-"

*ring ring*

"Hmmmm!"

She sighed and takes her phone out from her coat pocket. Looking down, she frowns at the name on the screen.

Sliding the answer swipe half way, she stops and looks up at Lu Tian.

"Sorry... I need to take this call."

"Mm."

Lu Tian's expression was calm and cold as ever, but deep down, he was raging in annoyance. His wife had something to tell him, how dare this person call at this moment. He stare at her back as she walks further away from him.

"What is it?"

Yue Ling spoke into the phone as she stops in her steps. She was annoyed that this person had interrupted her while she was trying to tell Lu Tian, he is the father of her baby.

["Sorry to bother you, Boss.. but... have you decided?"]

"...."

Like movie put on paused, her entire body froze in place. She didn't move or make a sound. Only the sound of her beating heart echoed through her.

["Boss?"]

After what seemed like forever, she turn her head to the near, yet far away mountain in the distance.

Like a flash of light, memories of the past floated through her mind. The past she once held dearly in her heart. Like memories, they truly are just memories now...

Her hand holding the phone tightens and she closed her eyes. Like a drowning person finally able to breathe, she takes a deep breath to steadied herself.

"I've decided."

["Got it, Boss."]

She stare down unblinkingly at the phone in her hand. Even when the screen had turned black, her eyes did not move away.

A small breeze brush against her, waking her up. She takes another deep breath and puts her phone in her pocket. Looking at the mountain once last time, she turns around. She had made her decision, there's no turning back.

"Sorry Tian, it was my-"

She smiled with her teeth to hide her feelings. Taking a step forward, she abruptly stops.

When her eyes met Lu Tian's tall figure as they stood a distance apart, time seemed to have stop.

His dark eyes piercing hers. The way he looked at her wasn't through her, but at her.

As if he was looking at the real her...

Yue Ling steadily walks toward the man. Yet, each time she got closer to him, he did not look away from her. As if his mind was filled with many thoughts.

Lu Tian stare at his wife. She walks in beauty, like the night of cloudless starry skies. Everything about her is like a black hole in the universe, engulfing him into her sweet abyss.

He didn't care about who she was on the phone with. All he knows is that, he will seek to understand her past... her past that explains why she is the way she is..

Her battles will become his battles. Her joy is his joy... He will let her know that she has no reason to hold back anything from him.

To let her know, that he will not make her feel judged, petty or condemned.